Search found 147 matches
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:34 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Is there a way to get the number of materials from a mesh?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 43
Re: Is there a way to get the number of materials from a mesh?
Thanks for the help. I actually tried to respond yesterday but I kept getting an error when I tried to log in.
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:14 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Is there a way to get the number of materials from a mesh?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 43
Is there a way to get the number of materials from a mesh?
I am trying to get the number of materials on a mesh before creating a scene node from it. How would I do this?
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:11 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
- Replies: 6
- Views: 608
Re: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
I am using it in 2D. I will look at my code to see if you method will work better. My current solution has worked on all the triangles I have tried it with but I probably need a more thorough test to ensure any solution I go with covers every case.
I am a little surprised that nobody else has had ...
I am a little surprised that nobody else has had ...
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 5:13 am
- Forum: Off-topic
- Topic: Who is still arround
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2094
Re: Who is still arround
My main project, RCBasic, is still using irrlicht. I just put out a new release a few minutes ago.
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 1:13 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
- Replies: 6
- Views: 608
Re: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
Thanks. The main thing I needed to know which you answered is that they should be clockwise. I modified my code to sort them into clockwise order.
void rc_drawTriangle(double x1, double y1, double x2, double y2, double x3, double y3)
{
irr::core::array<irr::video::S3DVertex> v;
v.push_back(video ...
void rc_drawTriangle(double x1, double y1, double x2, double y2, double x3, double y3)
{
irr::core::array<irr::video::S3DVertex> v;
v.push_back(video ...
- Sat Sep 12, 2026 7:05 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
- Replies: 6
- Views: 608
Re: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
I think I solved it by sorting by the X position in descending order. I don't know whether my solution is a fluke or not but it seems to be working for everything I have tried so far.
- Sat Sep 12, 2026 5:43 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
- Replies: 6
- Views: 608
How to set correct order for vertices in draw2DVertexPrimitiveList
I have a function thats suppose to draw a solid color triangle but nothing gets drawn. I tried it with and without array.sort() and it still gives me inconsistent resutls. It will draw if I change the order of the indices but the order seems to be different for different vertices so I am not sure ...
- Fri Jul 31, 2026 11:36 pm
- Forum: Game Programming
- Topic: Basic Android Studio Template for irrlicht
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5786
Re: Basic Android Studio Template for irrlicht
I am away from my development pc for the next week so I can't test mult-texture materials right now. If you are having that issue then I might end up having that issue myself. I am glad to see that my suggestion did give you some good results.
I want to test this out myself when I get back. I would ...
I want to test this out myself when I get back. I would ...
- Thu Jul 30, 2026 7:27 pm
- Forum: Game Programming
- Topic: Basic Android Studio Template for irrlicht
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5786
Re: Basic Android Studio Template for irrlicht
I was having an issue with textures not rendering on a model and I fixed it by disabling the use mishaps flag on the scene node.
- Tue Jul 21, 2026 4:01 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Loading different size images in emscripten
- Replies: 2
- Views: 943
Re: Loading different size images in emscripten
It looks like you did this with the IImage rather than using a texture target. I should have looked at the IImage documentation more.
Thanks. I think this is exactly what I needed.
Thanks. I think this is exactly what I needed.
- Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:00 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Loading different size images in emscripten
- Replies: 2
- Views: 943
Loading different size images in emscripten
I have been trying to find a way to load images with sizes that are not powers of 2. I tried to have a texture target that is the next higher power of 2 and draw the image to that but the alpha on the image gets applied to a black background on the texture, even if I set the clear color to 0.
Is ...
Is ...
- Sun Jun 14, 2026 8:15 pm
- Forum: Open Discussion and Dev Announcements
- Topic: CustomPresenter for embedding Irrlicht in GTK etc
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19114
Re: CustomPresenter for embedding Irrlicht in GTK etc
If you download RCBasic, make sure its v4.x. As of this post, the latest version is v4.10.
- Sun Jun 14, 2026 8:12 pm
- Forum: Open Discussion and Dev Announcements
- Topic: CustomPresenter for embedding Irrlicht in GTK etc
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19114
Re: CustomPresenter for embedding Irrlicht in GTK etc
2D Level Editor - https://github.com/n00b87/Nirvana2D
3D Level Editor - https://github.com/n00b87/SerenityEditor
These are editors that I bundle with RCBasic. You can dowload that and run Nirvana2D or Serenity3D to see them already built.
RCBasic - https://n00bcode.itch.io/rcbasic-basic ...
3D Level Editor - https://github.com/n00b87/SerenityEditor
These are editors that I bundle with RCBasic. You can dowload that and run Nirvana2D or Serenity3D to see them already built.
RCBasic - https://n00bcode.itch.io/rcbasic-basic ...
- Thu May 28, 2026 5:21 am
- Forum: Open Discussion and Dev Announcements
- Topic: CustomPresenter for embedding Irrlicht in GTK etc
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19114
Re: CustomPresenter for embedding Irrlicht in GTK etc
It would be more useful if it supported the OpenGL driver. GTK4 supports drawing with OpenGL. https://docs.gtk.org/gtk4/class.GLArea.html . To me, it seems possible to somehow give Irrlicht the GL context so it can do its thing on the GTK.GLArea. I don't know anything about programming with OpenGL ...
- Tue Apr 21, 2026 7:19 am
- Forum: Off-topic
- Topic: Post 10000
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2136
Re: Post 10000
Congratulations on the achievement. I also chose irrlicht because I didn't have to work on a 3D engine myself. You and all the developers that have contributed to irrlicht over the years have done some incredible work. I appreciate the work that you have put in to make irrlicht as great as it is.