Do a predefined animation just once

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ferdy182

Do a predefined animation just once

Post by ferdy182 »

Hi, I'm looking the "documentation" and I'm not sure how to do a predefined camera animation. I just want to move the camera near the clicked object smoothly but I really don't figure how to do it.

Should I have to construct an spline dynamically and assing it to the camerascenenode through an scenenodeanimator?
and what if I want to animate a scene node to fade out?

Where can I find more information about animations in irrlicht? I think there is a lack of documentation or something that tells you how to use some classes instead of figuring it out (or maybe it's in the wiki but it's down...)

Thanks in advance and sorry for de noob question, im learning a lot!
ferdy182

Post by ferdy182 »

Well, I'm replying to myself..

I constructed the spline dynamically and I use a FolloSplineAnimator that follows this spline. But the problem now is still play the animation once, because it goes from a to b and then back to a, and then to b... and so on.

I also tried to create an AnimatedMeshSceneNode that have properties to control frames and animation loop and attach the camera node to it but it doesn't let me create it with an empty mesh. Should I create an empty mesh file and load it or there is another way?

I also want to animate the camera target to go from the point I am looking to the node I clicked smoothly, so I tried to create a FlyStraightAnimator from camera.target to selectedNode.position.. but still having the loop problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks