Irrlicht SDK : from click to IEventReceiver

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Kaki

Irrlicht SDK : from click to IEventReceiver

Post by Kaki »

Hello

I search in the Irrlicht SDK how a simple click on the scene is transformed by Irrlicht ?

In code we use an IEventReceiver class. But what happens between the click and IEventReceiver::Event(SEvent event) ?

This question is crucial for a project who links Irrlicht and an other language.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Create irrlicht from source. Set a breakpoint in your event handler. Look at the stack trace. Rejoice in Irrlicht's open source nature.
Kaki

Post by Kaki »

Well, I set a breakpoint in my event handler. And I look at the Call Stack window.
But this is what i see :

Point_and_click.exe!MyEventReceiverADB::OnEvent(irr::SEvent event={...}) Line 99 C++
Irrlicht.dll!100a3eeb()
/* other dll references */
Point_and_click.exe!irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>::internal_delete(void * ptr=0x00000000) Line 65 + 0x10 bytes C++
Are you sure that it's the good way ?
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

Kaki wrote:Well, I set a breakpoint in my event handler. And I look at the Call Stack window.
But this is what i see :

Point_and_click.exe!MyEventReceiverADB::OnEvent(irr::SEvent event={...}) Line 99 C++
Irrlicht.dll!100a3eeb()
Point_and_click.exe!irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>::internal_delete(void * ptr=0x00000000) Line 65 + 0x10 bytes C++
Are you sure that it's the good way ?
Did you build the Debug version of the dll?
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Yep, debug version and be sure to not relocate irrlicht directory after compilation. Else the DLL won't find the PDBs, with the debug symbols.