Today I'm sad....

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
krypto

Today I'm sad....

Post by krypto »

Yesterday I was happy.... When I saw how easy this engine is to use...
But now I can't find any info on how to reate content for it (wanted to use quark)
Espescially if I don't have quake. Are there any tutorials or resopurces on how I could use Quark to make make for irrlicht.????
hearsedriver

Post by hearsedriver »

You could do it like Niko and use Anim8or to create content. There are a lot of free modellers available which can export into a Irrlicht supported file format.

Cheers.
matthias gall, lead programmer at sechsta sinn - email matthias@sechsta-sinn.de
krypto

Post by krypto »

but I im imagine the tutorial for collision doesn't use that beacuase the world is in Pak format
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Collision is defined by the size of the mesh no matter where you get it from.

Heck, I use MilkShape without a problem.
Crud, how do I do this again?
WhytWulf

Post by WhytWulf »

The quake 3 pak files are just renamed .zip files.. usually with and subdirectory in it called /textures . (rename a quake3 pak0.pk3 to pak0.zip ) and you'll be able to unzip the elusive contents..
Project Admin -
http://shadowrunonline.sourceforge.net

------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
krypto

Post by krypto »

saigumi wrote:Collision is defined by the size of the mesh no matter where you get it from.

Heck, I use MilkShape without a problem.
I realize that.... what I meant was that the world that is loaded in the collision tutorial is a pak file. Also what format does milkshape support for maps?
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Like WhytWulf said, the pak file is just a renamed zip. Just take all your meshes and stuff, zip them up and rename the file to .pk3 and you can use Irrlichts filemanager to point to it.

Inside the pack, the map itself is just a bsp. The bitmaps for the textures are stored in there also.

Milkshape makes models. It's file extension is ms3d. It's not a "level editor". You can make any model you want, texture it however you want using any texture you can find on the web. Then, if you feel inclined, you can always zip it up and rename the zip to .pk3 to give you a Quake warm and fuzzy feeling.
Crud, how do I do this again?
puh

Post by puh »

...or just keep it as .zip file, as Irrlicht (thanks God) recognizes zip files also. 8)