IrrWizard?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
area51

Post by area51 »

IrrWizard 1.2 now released!

This is basicaly the latest from the CVS, and can be considered a minor release, here are the following changes:
  • Compatability with Irrlicht 1.2

Added a Quake style Console F2 show/hide
    Add some simple console comands:
    time (is broken in debug mode (VC++ Bug ??)(pls check with ohers compliers )
    getOS -- get os name and version
    driver --gets the current driver
    Comands are case sensitive

Overloaded CGameFXManager::AddParticleEffect to add position parameter.

A Particle effect can now be added in one line of code instead of two, usefull when adding lots.

Split out Loading of mouse cursor and reduced visibility of Mouse functions to allow subclassing.

Set 'useAlphaChannel' flag to true for menu images.

Added getFont(), setFont() to CGameManager to centralise font creation.

Change std::string to std::wstring for bether unicode and irrlicht support.

Added getLocalString(std::string name) and setLocalString(std::string name, std::string value) to IGameEntity. This allows each game object to have it's own cache of local soft coded values, usefull for scripting.

Added getGlobalInt(std::string name), getGlobalString(std::string name) and associated setters. This allows soft coded variables to be stored globally and then passed accross game states. This will also be usefull for scripting. This is the same convention 'NeverWinter Nights' uses

Added getName(), setName(wchar_t* name), getKills(), setKills(int amount) to the CGameEnemy class.

Added a CGameStateLoad01 game state. This is a loading screen that preceeds CGameStateLevel01

Added GetEntityAt(index) and GetEntitySize() to CGameEnemyManager

Added GetNearestEntity(CGameEntity* ememy) to CGameEnemyManager

Fix Load Sound from Config

Add null sound device for sound use SoundDevice="Null" at config.xml

Added 'release' build setup for Visual Studio IDE

Code Clean up (still to do some at script folder).
As always, good luck :D
________
NEW JERSEY DISPENSARIES
Last edited by area51 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Wow, you want to integrate network into this? :D
veegun

Post by veegun »

Wow. It looks good. That would be cool to have a network component in IrrWizard.

I like the new features like console command and angelscript. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how they're used in the "full fps" demo.

This would be cool if someone made a "realtime designer" for IrrWizard. But I guess we have irrEdit for that. :)

Say, taking a quick look at the FmodSoundManager.h. I couldn't help but suggest adding the following code to make it compatible with WIN64 builds:

Code: Select all

using namespace FMOD;

#ifdef WIN32
#pragma comment (lib, "fmodex_vc.lib")
#else if WIN64
#pragma comment (lib, "fmodex64_vc.lib")
#endif

class CFmodSoundManager :

Well, after typing out the above code snippet, I realize that the lib could be included inside the project properties instead of inserted into the source file. :roll:
whiteston

Problem compiling

Post by whiteston »

Any clues as to what I may be doing wrong? Here's my problem...

When I run and compile anything (including hello world) with IrrWizard DevC++ locks up. I can run HelloWorld from scratch with no problem, but I can't run anything compiled with IrrWizard. I've tried every combination of IrrWizard 1.1. and 1.2 with IrrLicht 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 with no luck.

To be specific, it compiles fine, but can not run -- not even in debug mode.

Any suggestions?
area51

Post by area51 »

I dont have any suggestions at present as this has been tested using Dev C++ prior to release.

I will investigate on other machines, I guess you are using Dev C++ 4.9.9.2.

The work around will be to manualy create the Dev C++ project file and then add the source files.
________
YAMAHA VENTURE SPECIFICATIONS
a_haouchar

Post by a_haouchar »

it works for me,im on dev c++ used irrlicht 1.2 dll for dev c++ and it loaded up.

BUT

i got warnings and also im on vista now so opengl doesnt work well :cry: so the pictures didnt load correctly such as play,options ect and when i click play it exited and crashed,this happened to me with irrwizzard 1.1 so its fine!.

sorry for the very late response but vistabootpro beyond repair my pc and xp alltogether so im just on vista:(
whiteston

Post by whiteston »

I figured it out! Well, aardaerimus figured it out for me. I had installed DevC++ and added the irrlicht 1.0 package which, unfortunately, kept using the 1.0 libs even though I was pointing irrWizard to 1.2. I understand why though.

Now it works.
area51

Post by area51 »

OK, cool.

Thanks for the feedback, the scripting didnt make it in this release, I thought I removed all references. So sorry for that.

In fact I can't get hold of Dark Chrono who is working on it, hopfully he will make an appearance as I think he's 90-95% completed it.

With regards to networking, that is a good idea, as too is Physics etc, but prefer to leverage existing projects who spesialize in those areas as opposed to integrate it into IrrWizard.

There are many reasons for this, Better expertise in the specified area, constant updates and improvements so code wont lag behind etc.

In effect it adds another person to the development indirrectly.

Sudi kindly donated some Physics code a while back, but regrettfully I didnt have any time to implement it, and then IPhysics and a couple other wrappers came along. Realisticly I woudn't have had the time to develop and keep the Physics bit upto date anyway.

If anyone has integrated an external project into IrrWizard and would like to add a mini tutorial or HOWTO on the WIKI, then that would be very much apreciated.

And last, but not least, a special thanks to everyone who is still using IrrWizard. (I hate the name, but it's kind of stuck now)
________
Ferrari Tr
a_haouchar

Post by a_haouchar »

cool! im back on xp and the pictures load up. i didn have to modify anything in irrlicht 1.2 or irrwizard,i just added the irrlicht 1.2 lib.
veegun

Post by veegun »

area51 --> Oh, that's why I couldn't figure out how the scripting work. :) I can't wait to see it. Will there be a v1.2.1 update when the scripting is added or do we have to wait to v1.3?

One way to fix the lag is to implement a plugin system with irrWizard. When a new plugin is added (like physics, or another sound component), people can just download the plugin from the plugin author. The plugin would be compatible with the last irrWizard release like v1.2. This way, you don't have to update/release irrWizard until a new Irrlicht release. Plugins can be used to as bugfixes found after the initial release of irrWizard. The cool thing about this is that the author of the plugin (who more than likely will have better knowledge) will be the one to maintain/release the plugin.

Of course, the groundwork for a plugin system needs to be created. I like how the plugin system for app like winamp works. IrrWizard will probably need to expose some api so developer can create plugins.
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

when i start the irrwizard 1,2 so...
screen
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

Hey area51 I have a small suggestion. I think you should make all the graphics original, that way irrWizard has its own "look." That quake3 map has been used in just about every Irrlicht-based project I've seen. Does the license for it even allow redistribution?

Aside from that, I think IrrWizard is completely awesome and probably the best Irrlicht-based project out there.
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

arnir wrote:when i start the irrwizard 1,2 so...
screen
look at the colours....
what to do about it?
thanks
programmer is bad designer
designer is bad programmer
area51

Post by area51 »

@veegun Unless I can get hold of DarkChrono, I think scripting would more realistically be in 1.3.

@arnir Looks like the version of Irrlicht you're using doesn't like your graphic card. I can't really be that much help other than to advise you to first try changing the driver in the config.xml to DirectX9/OpenGL/Software. Update your graphic card drivers, or use an older version of Irrlicht. Irrwizard 1.2 will be backward compatible to version 1.0.

@Anteater I have started to come around to your way of thinking on changing the level and models to something a little more up to date. I think the Quake3 level that comes with Irrlicht, (which is what I extract, so no distribution issues) doesn't do either Irrlicht or IrrWizard any favors on the promotion front.

I was kind of OK with it as it shows the features of the framework, Weapons, shooting, enemies that dont get stuck on the walls etc, etc. but left the user with the idea that if they just changed some stuff a little, like level, models, graphics that they would be left with something that actually looked pretty good.

So being bland is fine, as long as people don't think that it's the best that can be achieved from it.

I think it hurts Irrlicht a lot more though, as it's primarily a rendering engine, no renderer available at any price will look good rendering that map. at least not in 2007.

And most of all, thank you for the positive comments and ongoing support.
________
Dispensaries
Elazul

Post by Elazul »

i can't understand why, but everytime i try to compile the project that comes with the fps framework, i get a 8 errors and 39 warnings:
------ Rebuild All started: Project: myProject, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'myProject', configuration 'Debug|Win32'
Compiling...
Game.cpp
GameCreditsState.cpp
GameIntroState.cpp
GameMenuState.cpp
GamePlayState.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h(311) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int'
GameStateLevel01.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h(311) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int'
GameStateLoad01.cpp
AudiereSoundManager.cpp
FmodSoundManager.cpp
GameSoundManager.cpp
GamePather.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp(299) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp(388) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp(418) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp(443) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
GamePathManager.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(60) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(61) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(93) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(95) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(95) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(111) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(111) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(164) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(194) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(229) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(229) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(207) : warning C4101: 'attr' : unreferenced local variable
GameEntity.cpp
GameFXManager.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.h(246) : error C2668: 'isspace' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ctype.h(106): could be 'int isspace(int)'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\graduation project engines and sources\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.3\include\coreutil.h(47): or 'irr::s32 irr::core::isspace(irr::s32)'
while trying to match the argument list '(unsigned char)'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\core\gamefxmanager.cpp(121) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'irr::u32' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\core\gamefxmanager.cpp(121) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'irr::u32' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data
GameItem.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.h(246) : error C2668: 'isspace' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ctype.h(106): could be 'int isspace(int)'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\graduation project engines and sources\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.3\include\coreutil.h(47): or 'irr::s32 irr::core::isspace(irr::s32)'
GameItemManager.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\core\gameitemmanager.cpp(89) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
GameManager.cpp
GameParticleEffect.cpp
GamePlayer.cpp
GameState.cpp
Generating Code...
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp(122) : warning C4715: 'CGamePathManager::getWaypointAt' : not all control paths return a value
Compiling...
GameEnemy.cpp
GameEnemyManager.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\engine\gameenemymanager.cpp(77) : warning C4018: '>=' : signed/unsigned mismatch
GameEnemyOwnedStates.cpp
GameWeapon.cpp
GameWeaponManager.cpp
GameWeaponOwnedStates.cpp
ConfigManager.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\configmanager.cpp(299) : error C2039: 'EDT_SOFTWARE2' : is not a member of 'irr::video'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\configmanager.cpp(299) : error C2065: 'EDT_SOFTWARE2' : undeclared identifier
SoundConfig.cpp
tinystr.cpp
tinyxml.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp(133) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\string.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp(1017) : warning C4996: 'fopen' was declared deprecated
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen'
Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp(1149) : warning C4996: 'fopen' was declared deprecated
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen'
Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp(1299) : warning C4996: 'sscanf' was declared deprecated
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(311) : see declaration of 'sscanf'
Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp(1306) : warning C4996: 'sscanf' was declared deprecated
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(311) : see declaration of 'sscanf'
Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
tinyxmlerror.cpp
tinyxmlparser.cpp
Console.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\script\console.cpp(44) : warning C4156: deletion of an array expression without using the array form of 'delete'; array form substituted
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\script\console.cpp(44) : warning C4154: deletion of an array expression; conversion to pointer supplied
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\script\console.cpp(86) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
ConsoleComands.cpp
d:\documents and settings\elazul\desktop\myproject\source\script\consolecomands.cpp(29) : warning C4996: 'localtime' was declared deprecated
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\time.inl(114) : see declaration of 'localtime'
Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using localtime_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
main.cpp
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\Elazul\Desktop\myProject\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
myProject - 8 error(s), 39 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========