3ds-model no texture...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
suliman

Post by suliman »

?
it still says

Code: Select all

E:\Diverse\A_kodning\Spelprod\islands\source\main.cpp(379) : error C2039: 'setAmbientLight' : is not a member of 'ISceneManager'
        e:\diverse\a_kodning\untils_stuff\irrlicht-1.2\irrlicht-1.2\include\iscenemanager.h(129) : see declaration of 'ISceneManager'
but the path is to the irrlicht 1.2 and i do think i set up the proejct correctly (ive also removed all old irrlicht folders). Can there be anything that makes the app think i run a older irrlicht?

i also use

Code: Select all

#include <irrlicht.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib")
Acki

Post by Acki »

Are you really sure the scene manager has setAmbientLight(...) !?!?!
I can't find it in the documentation ??? :shock:
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, it's really in. There was some discussions a few days ago that the driver's method should be better documented because many people tend to use it without success.
Apocalypse TH6

Post by Apocalypse TH6 »

I used a different method. I imported the .3ds file to IrrEdit. For some weird reason, if you export a .max file(the default 3ds max file) to .3ds format with the materials with the materials(textures), it won't render the textures. I added the textures manually in IrrEdit and turned off the lighting. It works.
Apocalypse TH6

Post by Apocalypse TH6 »

Also, you can export the files you imported into IrrEdit and use it in your program(just turn off the lighting).
suliman

Post by suliman »

but ambientlight? does it work and how? Is it simply becouse my 3ds is strange and should it work properly otherwise? (see my last post here for my error message)