How to use the terrain engine libmini with Irrlicht

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
KidParanoja

?!?!

Post by KidParanoja »

Hi guys!

I´m pretty sure it´s because of my "not so state of the art" c++ skills, but i can´t compile the examples (zolas_terrainnode).
I compiled the libmini (with cygwin under winxp, like told in the libmini docu)
this generated a libmini.a
when i try to compile the mainexample.cpp i get following error:
  • CLMTerrainSceneNode.cpp no matching function for call to `ministub::ministub(float*&, irr::s32*, float*, float, float, void (&)(), void (&)(float, float, float), int, int, int)'

candidates are: ministub::ministub(const ministub&)
    ministub::ministub(float*, int*, float*, float, float, float, float, float, void (*)(), void (*)(float, float, float), void (*)(int, int, int), float (*)(int, int, int, void*), unsigned char*, int, float, float, float, void (*)(float, float, float, float), void**, int*, float)
so what am i doing wrong? i know what this error message means but why am i the only one who gets it, or ain´t i?
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

This is 2 years old mate, probably wont work without some effort...
KidParanoja

Post by KidParanoja »

thanks a lot, that will solve the problem.

I just wanted to check if the libmini terrain renderer will fit for my needs. And the libmini is actually in version 7.8, so maybe somebody did allready a implementation for this version in irrlicht. Furthermore the documentation i found for the libmini is not very helpfull, so i asked for help. Why doing the same work twice? thats the idea of a community, or isn´t it?
If the libmini would be fitting for my needs, of course i would spend time on this and of course the community would get something back.
But i´dont see the point of spending hours finding out how something works and to realyze maybe that this isn´t waht i´am looking for, if there´s a chance that somebody allready did it and is willing to share the results with me.

Sorry for spamming.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The last time I used the libmini was aroung irrlicht 0.10. So besides the problems you have with the changed interface of libmini you will also face irrlicht interface changes. But it should be possible with some decent knowledge of c++
Quadorrli

any new versions?

Post by Quadorrli »

Wow - that's exactly the kind of interface i need!!!

Obviously this interface will not work anymore, for it's over a year old.

does anyone have an updated version for irrLicht 1.41?

otherwise, infos about specific code that must be adapted would very much be appreciated...
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, should be available on the libmini page.
Quadorrli

Post by Quadorrli »

could not find it.
there was just a link to zenprogramming.
there: nothing again.

[checking the linux version]
updated untill libmini v5.2 and irrLivht 0.7 :(

do you have a link or even the code?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Nothing here, you have to wait until my holidays are over, or contact the guy from libmini, he already has my code for some weeks now.