IPhysics - Newton/Irrlicht framework

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Ya i figured that wud be causing the problem! You are catching the events like so:

Code: Select all

camera->onEvent(event);
rit? Put it just before the return in the event receiver.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

In my first post I said I did that.
If I do just regular addCameraSceneNode the movement is messed up really bad, there's no mouse movement and the up and down keys only work.
RapchikProgrammer

Hey monkey cracks, give me some more code cause i just cant get the problem!
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

The gravity seems extremely slow in examples 2 and 3...
RapchikProgrammer

Ya, i think the gravity used to be moon like in the last version! But it has been sorted out in the newer release!
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Where's the link to where these newer releases are :shock:
I need them :D
RapchikProgrammer

I meant the newer version that i havent released yet!
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

I'll give you a cyber-cookie if you release it
kburkhart84

Post by kburkhart84 »

monkeycracks wrote:I'll give you a cyber-cookie if you release it
Make that two cookies you will get since I too am waiting for this release. I hate complex code and love wrappers for it. Heck, I even made a wrapper for initializing the Irrlicht device that makes it easy to have multiple scene managers and split screen stuff, all in one liners since it is wrapped up.
RapchikProgrammer

Lolz, i am thinking about adding a few features in a later version 2.5 and releasing it as soon as i can! Currently buoyancy is having problems and some other things i planned are not working as smooth as i expected them to work! Neways just hold on guyz i know its halting ur progress but hang in dere, i think i will skip some stuff for the later version!
kburkhart84

Post by kburkhart84 »

Sweet. The main thing I need is the character control and to be able to add forces to objects. I don't need ragdolls right now or heavy joint stuff. Just primitives and forces and obviously I need newton to update the position and rotation of my objects to Irrlicht for drawing them.
RapchikProgrammer

Thanks kburkhart84, i am now planning to increase buoyancy and some other features which are consuming a lot of my mind due to their buggy nature! Will try any who to increase ragdolls in this version, but i think it will also have to wait for the next release as they used to work either with not the amount of user friendliness i wud like, but now with the improvements its not working so it might be left for the next release! I will think about them later on but now its going pretty good! I wud try to release as soon as i can!
kburkhart84

Post by kburkhart84 »

You already know this but we DO appreciate it.
buhatkj

Post by buhatkj »

hey RP, how's it going? I have been awaiting 0.3, and following this project for a long time. Any updates?
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
iZigoo

Post by iZigoo »

Hey i love this project. It is really cool !
I hope we can use this for iZigoo. The license from newton is not really free i think.

We really would love to have physics in our project. The examples look really good !

:D :D :D
-------------------------------------------------------
iZigoo - The open 3D internet

iZigoo Homepage