IrrNewt irrlicht\newton framework >> SVN access

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

1)
the question is: "I raycast a body and get the point where the line meet the body. How can i know if the point is on arm, on a leg, excc..?". The aim of a physics engine is to simulate physics, not to get wich part of your body the point in inside. However no wrppers implementing this feature. but you may use joint (with ms3d or x, irrlicht support these joint file format only). Create a joint for arm, a joint for hand, a joint for the head, exc... Then raycast the line and find the point. Get ALL joint of your node. For ALL the joint get the respective bounding box. the recursive call irr::core::aabbox3d::isPointInside and pass the point to check in wich joint the point is inside

However this is not the aim of a physics engine\a wrapper

2)
Also, can you set your own callback functions for when specific objects collide?? Like if I make an asteroid game, if I want the asteroids to bounce off of each other, that shouldn't be too hard, but if when they hit the ship, I need to damage the ship, then I'd need my own callback function right
This is possible

- create two materials, one for the spaceship one for the asteroids (IWorld::createMaterial and IBody::setMaterial)
- see IMaterial::setCollisionCallback function. IrrNewt will call your own functions when the asteroids collide with the spaceship

3)irrnewt don't apply gravity by default. if you want gravity you need to add your own force by calling the proper function (addForceContinuous) So if you write nothing irrnewt doesn't apply gravity for default
kburkhart84

Post by kburkhart84 »

Yeah, I didn't think the leg, arm, thing would be done for me, but I thought I'd ask.
Gladius_Coldhead

Post by Gladius_Coldhead »

IrrNewt work with Mingw?
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

next release yes
Gladius_Coldhead

coming soon?
when?
=-[
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

yes, it's coming soon
Gladius_Coldhead

=[
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

i have a bug with getFirstCollisionPointEx. please be patient. i will release new version immediately after this bug fix (if i will get the problem
)
Last edited by white tiger on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidR

Post by DavidR »

IrrNewt 0.2 does not appear to function with Irrlicht 1.3, and does not seem to recompile correctly either (Some of the internal arrays referenced by IrrNewt in Matrix4 are now private, for instance)

Is IrrNewt 0.3 going to be Irr 1.3 compatible?
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

in 0.3 there will be an inline function to get matrix array

(so no &mat.M[0] but newton::Hidden::GetPointer(mat)

you will need to simply change this function to compile irrnewt in 1.3 or leave it for 1.2
Nargil

Post by Nargil »

How can I make a body collide _ONLY_ with selected/static bodies, and ignore the collisions with all the other bodies ? I've made a 3rd person camera within a sphere. I want it to collide only with the terrain/tree's/buildings.
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

assign a material to every KIND of body (a material for terrains, a material for waters) (IWorld::createMaterial)

assign every material to the respective body (IBody::setMaterial)

use IMaterial::setCollidable (with false as parameter) on bodies that you want NOT TO COLLIDE with the camera
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

0.3 released
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

gonna give it a try... (have to compile it for DevC++ and don´t know if i´m able:oops: )
tgm
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

there is a project in the source for dev c++