Weird problems with Irrlicht .NET CP

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Eldritch

Weird problems with Irrlicht .NET CP

Post by Eldritch »

When adding a reference to Irrlicht .NET CP's DLL for my project at school, I see IrrlichtNETCP when I type using, and I can see all the classes and stuff in the "intellisense". But, here at home, I see nothing.. and when I type using, all I see is "Irr" and "Irrlicht".. not "IrrlichtNETCP"... What's up with this?
ShadowDust

Post by ShadowDust »

hmmm, I've never actually heard of IrrlichtNETCP...

I searched google, and it seems to be another variation, and the one you have at home is the official one, did you download the one at school and the one at home seperately?

http://irrlichtnetcp.sourceforge.net/in ... /Main_Page

good luck ;)

EDIT:
in the official Irrlicht.Net, you have to create the device, it should have came with some examples, read the readme.txt in the main folder when you extract it
ShadowDust

Post by ShadowDust »

IrrlichtNETCP actually solved a few of my problems, I think it is actually better then the official
Eldritch

Post by Eldritch »

ShadowDust wrote:hmmm, I've never actually heard of IrrlichtNETCP...

I searched google, and it seems to be another variation, and the one you have at home is the official one, did you download the one at school and the one at home seperately?

http://irrlichtnetcp.sourceforge.net/in ... /Main_Page

good luck ;)

EDIT:
in the official Irrlicht.Net, you have to create the device, it should have came with some examples, read the readme.txt in the main folder when you extract it
I downloaded the exact same thing on both computers, and I am using the exact same IDE as well... so there is definitely something wrong. The computers are different in specs, but not that different (Both are Dell, but mine has faster dual-core CPU but no SLI, other than that they are identical).
Dlecain

Sorry, have to ask.

Post by Dlecain »

On the off chance, did you add the DLL files as references in both projects?

Perhaps you forgot one.. Just double check.

Good luck.