Compiling - Linking problems with DEV C++

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
iNVERSE-sQUARE

Compiling - Linking problems with DEV C++

Post by iNVERSE-sQUARE »

Hi,

If this has been asked before, I'm saorry, but couldn't find another similar post.

I have the most recent versions of DEV C++ 4.9.8.7 and Irrlicht 0.6

When I try to build or compile any project it simply returns a whole bunch of errors that are completely beyond my comprehension. :cry: I made sure that the project options were correctly set for \Include and \Lib directories according to the tutorial. Also, even if I load or import an existing project into Dev, it complains bitterly. Obviously as a beginner to C++ I'm doing something realy dumb :oops: although my C is not bad and I have used this compiler with C before, without funny issues. Any takers?

Thanks guys!
Revelation:10,7
schick

Post by schick »

We need some more details. Are those errors compiler or linker errors.

Maybe, you simply post your error messages.
Please send me an e-mail instead of a private message.
Vinetu

Post by Vinetu »

Hi all,
I have similarly problem... Then I compile all perfect. But then I try to run it in console window write one error(in all examples similar problem):
Error: Could not load built-in font
What does it mean?? I am just beginer on programing :oops: so I don't know what I do bad. Please help me. :cry:
"Teach yourself DISCIPLINE."

Your sincerely,
Saulius Šunauskas
pex

Post by pex »

iNVERSE-sQUARE, there are errors in the tutorial
maybe you wrote DT_SOFTWARE instead EDT_SOFTWARE...
Vinetu, this means that the default font of irrlicht couldnt be loaded.
sorry but i have no idea about console windows in irrlicht, i use only windows (or did you mean to something else?)
have you tried using your own fonts? --
IGUIFont* font = device->getGUIEnvironment->getFont("../yourOwnFontHere.bmp");
Vinetu

Post by Vinetu »

Thanks pex. I will try change fonts. I mean the black window which appear then compile (write all compiling process). But I find new problem before font error write:
"DirecX driver was not compiled into this dll. Try OpenGL." On my computer is installed DirectX 9.0. What is the problem :?: Does need me to install DirectX 8.1(this is delfaunt api in Irrlicht engine?) I don't understand. :cry:
Please help :(

Your sincerely,
Saulius Šunauskas
pex

Post by pex »

emm, a simple question..is your directx 9 works in other games?
everything, the 3d...everything? because my directx 9 is ok exept it cant render 3d..
and you cant install dx8.1 on dx9 as much as i know..
did you try opengl, is it works on opengl?
if it is then i think its something in the directx more than irrlicht (the problem thing), search for the problem with dxdiag.exe (of your newest dx version)
if not then the problem is probably in irrlicht with your computer..
i dont think you downloaded a corrupt file (didnt downloaded irrlicht well(100%))..but you can try to download irrlicht again(that means i have no idea whats wrong, i am a beginner too :) )

oh, and btw: the problem is- the irrlicht engine couldnt use directx as a graphic driver :P
EDIT: wip! same error as you got i think: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=2028
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

Vinetu wrote:Thanks pex. I will try change fonts. I mean the black window which appear then compile (write all compiling process). But I find new problem before font error write:
"DirecX driver was not compiled into this dll. Try OpenGL." On my computer is installed DirectX 9.0. What is the problem :?: Does need me to install DirectX 8.1(this is delfaunt api in Irrlicht engine?) I don't understand. :cry:
Please help :(
The problem is that the Irrlicht.dll file which comes with Irrlicht distribution has not been made to support DirectX, ONLY OPENGL and SOFTWARE ARE SUPPORTED IN THE COPY OF IRRLICHT.DLL SUPPLIED IN THE DISTRIBUTION. Either recompile the DLL yourself or ask nicely and I'll send it to you.
Vinetu

Post by Vinetu »

Thanks for help pex and NinjaNL. NinjaNL -> If you can very please send me a irrlicht.dll :roll:
VERY PLEASE :roll:

Your sincerely,
Saulius Šunauskas
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

Sent.

Put it in your windows/system32 directory, or replace your old Irrlicht.dll with it. Do a search on your computer to find out where the old dll resides and replace it with this one.

Save the old dll in case this one doesn't work.