Firing Bullets

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
paradox

Firing Bullets

Post by paradox »

Hello,

I have just finished my movement project in Irrlicht, my friend has now asked me to see if i can get some sort of click and shoot function going on with the program. I have looked on these forums to seek information about it, but unable to find anything which starts from scratch.

Basically, i have no idea where to start, im not asking for full on working code, I would like to be just told a direction, something i need to know about starting to fire. Then I will work on it, and learn for my self as it were. Im not sure if im asking to much or what, but even Pesudo code is great too.

As i said, giving me code would be a noobish thing for me to ask. So really any information i might need to get me thinking, going would be Fantastic.

Thank you in advance.

Stu
Luben

Post by Luben »

Check out the demo project/tutorial, after the cinematic scene you can fire/shoot fireball-ish objects, it might be what you are looking for.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

And the collision example (7) which selects the triangle pointed at and highlights the meshes when selected.
paradox

Post by paradox »

Woah nice fast replies peps,

ah, you see i heard something about the demo's having something to do with firing. Ok, Ill have a lookies around them, cheers