DeleD DXS Loader SDK released

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
ilbuzzo

DeleD DXS Loader SDK released

Post by ilbuzzo »

Hi All,
It's been a long time since I've written on these forums, but owing to DeleD file format change I've created a new loader for this format xml based (DXS).
You can download from my site at the following address:
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/DXSLoaderSDK.zip
And here you are a preview of loader in action:
It can be used as an external loader or can just be easily integrated in Irrlicht. (I hope that Niko include in next Irrlicht main release).
Bye All, comments welcome
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

ciao. sei italiano?

good work! is the castel model protected by copyright? it isn't include in the zip.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Nice work, I'm sure DeleD users will find this very useful :)

however-
For uses in Irrlicht core and only for Irrlicht related uses I release this library under zlib license.
and
You can redistribute but you cannot receive a payment for this
These clauses are not compatible with the Irrlicht license :(
Irrlicht's license allows people to make their own open or closed source engines from Irrlicht, or just from small parts of it, and to charge money for them if they wish.
Before this is included in the engine, you would also have to allow anyone to 1) use in other projects 2) make money from it
Otherwise people wouldn't be able to make commercial games or game engines from Irrlicht, and other engines wouldn't be able to use your loader.. these are some of Irrlicht's major strengths.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
ilbuzzo

Post by ilbuzzo »

Hi Guys,
@white tiger
Si sono italiano!
Per quel che riguarda il castello viene fornito insieme alla installazione di DeleD 1.6+.
Per l' utilizzo credo non ci siano prolemi ma contatta il team di DeleD per sicurezza.
[for non italians]
I'm italian!
Concerning castle it's contained in DeleD 1.6+ installed map files. To use it or to know more please contact DeleD team.
@bitplane
You're right but those sentences where there for mistake (a wrong cut & paste, in fact it's a class and not a plugin !!!).
I removed and updated a new version on-line just to be sure ;)!!!
Bye all ;)