Ogriir?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
NicholasMag

Ogriir?

Post by NicholasMag »

lame......

maby i shoulda read the rest of the post huh?
Luben

Post by Luben »

1'st of april
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
NicholasMag

Post by NicholasMag »

yeah im retarded i totally forgot about that..... I feel really dumb now
Luben

Post by Luben »

I myself didn't realize it was that day until some guys in the irc chat discussed it and reached that conclusion. Then it was hardly an hour left until midnight =)
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
NicholasMag

Post by NicholasMag »

lol so we kno for a fact it is a joke or no? LOL cause it would be sweet if they did do it, i mean everyone would love Niko even more than they already do
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I hope Ogriir did exist.
TheRLG

Post by TheRLG »

Sorry guys... of course it was a joke.
liger13

Post by liger13 »

phew.. glad i didnt get on on sun. :) i woulda gone nuts...
Phant0m51

Post by Phant0m51 »

All I had to read was the fact that they got 3000 fps, and photo-realistic lighting inside a small dark room, with no lights on to understand it was a joke.

Although combining the projects would be cool (tons more community and dedicated developers), I like this community the way it is and the developers know what they're doing.

I just wanna say Keep up the good work! It's very appreciated.
NicholasMag

Post by NicholasMag »

well if we wanted to, we could combine them as a community, might take quite some time but it could be done... With great coders from Irrlicht then some from ogre, man it would be sweet. I may think about doing this once i learn the Irrlicht engine better.....
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

They are completely different, and yet the same thing. I dont think it would help much. I dont want irrlicht to be like ogre, because then they would be the same thing and make irrlicht kind of pointless. I hope irrlicht goes in a direction of its own and does not try to copy ogres (very well made) classes and so on. (Which are very OO and well made, but difficult to prototype on or for noobies to understand)
NicholasMag

Post by NicholasMag »

true, but was just stating, it seems like it would be a fun project to do... But that wouldnt be until a couple years.
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

Just imagine, heavy as ogre and fast as irrlicht. Kind'a funny :) I dont even think that combination of projects would be possible. If ogre and irrlicht devs would start new project using some code from old ones then it might become something great, or maybe not. anyway im glad i have irrlicht. ogre was too big for me in all cases. its not so simple as irrlicht, not so lightweight as irrlicht, it is just like big green ogre that you dont want to mess with :)