Newton

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ShadowOfTheKobierzyn

Newton

Post by ShadowOfTheKobierzyn »

I want use Newton libray in Irrlicht? Is it posible? And if is, haw to do it? :?:
franklyn

Post by franklyn »

this really shouldnt be in the advanced help section. unless you have a problem specifically relating to newton. anywho to answer your question YES it is possible to use newton with irrlicht thats what it was made for :P. lol. theres a tutorial in the tutorial section on how to set it up. it was written for an older version of Irrlicht so you might need to change a few things get back to me when you run into any errors and i'll post some of the code fixes that i had to do.
ShadowOfTheKobierzyn

I still have problem :oops: . I loked at totuorals, but i can't do it. Can you send me working code (irrlicht version 1.3)?
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

its almost similar to the code in tutorial but yoy have to do some changes aswell. lets look at the changelog.
- matrix4 speed enhancement, testing for identity before multiply. faster check for identity
for the positive case using an additional boolean flag.
The internal array M is now private, changing the API. Use mat[x] instead of mat.M[x].
The pointer to M is acquired by mat.pointer(), some methods take a matrix4 reference
instead of a f32*.
it looks that where is uset someMatrix.M[x] we should remove .M and it should look like someMatrix[x]. Easy peasy :)
also better download example from http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut_newton.html and dont look to the tutrial in web page. it has so many errors. i remember that i fixed part of mesh triangles loading. it is easy actualy, i think you will get over this. maybe in downloaded source its not bugged, i dont remember :)
franklyn

Post by franklyn »

i have a working example but its in irrlicht 1.2 i havent downloaded the new version . seems like all you will have to change is the matrix stuff. i'll upload it by the end of today.
ShadowOfTheKobierzyn

Thanks

Ok, thanks, but where i can download your working example?
franklyn

Post by franklyn »

i was waiting for you to reply :P.

http://www.divshare.com/download/336006-3d6
the exe file is in tactile/OOPGameStruct
ShadowOfTheKobierzyn

What proram do you use to compile it? Wher i can download it?
franklyn

Post by franklyn »

i used VC++ you can download the 2005 express edition from microsoft for free.
ShadowOfTheKobierzyn

I done it

Ok, I done it :D . Big THANKS for yours help.
franklyn

Post by franklyn »

no problem mate. pm me an update once you've integrated it into your game.
btw in the demo that i made you can press "E" to shoot boxes.