I cannot make work directx , helpme please !!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
chinanzio

I cannot make work directx , helpme please !!

Post by chinanzio »

The console says to me:

DIRECT3D9 Driver was not compiled into this dll. Try another one.

when I put video:: EDT_DIRECT3D9 in the device :

IrrlichtDevice *device = createDevice( video::EDT_DIRECT3D9, dimension2d<s32>(640, 480), 16, false, false, false, 0);

I am using the version 1.3 of irrlicht

With opengl do not have problems

someone know that I must do?
Beshr

anwer

Post by Beshr »

i think it's because you are not using Visual C++, Irrlicht doesn't have the DirectX 8 and 9 support for gcc compilers (i mean already compiled, if you want it, you have to recompile the source with DirectX support) , any way there is some guys in this thread who compiled it and set it avaliable to download, search in the forums.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
chinanzio

Re: anwer

Post by chinanzio »

Beshr wrote:i think it's because you are not using Visual C++, Irrlicht doesn't have the DirectX 8 and 9 support for gcc compilers (i mean already compiled, if you want it, you have to recompile the source with DirectX support) , any way there is some guys in this thread who compiled it and set it avaliable to download, search in the forums.
yes , i'm using dev-c++ , I will try with V-c++ though it is not my fauvorite , thank you and i'll search on the forum , What do you say that I have to search?
chinanzio

Re: anwer

Post by chinanzio »

I will search too !!!
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

chinanzio

Post by chinanzio »

thank you garritg !!