Add a single, textured triangle to the scene

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Yarcanox

Add a single, textured triangle to the scene

Post by Yarcanox »

Hi @ all.

Irrlicht seemed to be THE thing I wanted, I had no problems setting up a terrain, creating nice looking water and a moving camera. It was just the thing I wanted.
But now I got into big trouble just adding a simple, single textured triangle with 3 vector positions and a material to the scene.

I was just not able to manage it, because I didnt find a function for that. Now I tried Custom Scene Node Tutorial. But I don't know the class things of .NET well enough (I'm using VB.NET), and so I can't even manage the first line of the example code :p

Please help me with some good hints, links or whatever; I dont want big terrains, models or whatever, I just want to add some single triangles manually!
I'm not a native English speaker.
Yarcanox

Post by Yarcanox »

Is there a VB.NET version of the custom scene node code? Or an add-on for a single textured triangle (with 3d positions and a material as properties) scene node?

Hey it wasn't so hard in opengl itself, but seems to be very complicated using irrlicht! Irrlicht seems to be great, doing much stuff for me, but I'm really thinking of leaving it because the simplest thing of all is so complicated :?
Yarcanox

Post by Yarcanox »

I can do whatever I want, I just can't get the tutorial no 3 (Custom Scene Node) running in VB.NET! Isn't anybody out there who has already ported this tutorial to VB.NET and can show me the code? I could move on myself from there, but I need to get the tutorial code running as basis to see how the stuff works etc.

Im using the irrlicht .net cp 0.7 (and vb 2005)