Cry Engine, made me cry...... :( :(

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Beshr

Cry Engine, made me cry...... :( :(

Post by Beshr »

i won't say anything, just check out this:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8263
(\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Have you been watching Cry Engine tech demos again? You know it's bad for you. It makes our little projects seem useless and makes us give up all hope. I always lose motivation for coding after watching one of those badass demos. :wink:
Luben

Post by Luben »

It helps when you think that they

°Get paid for working
°Are more than you, alot more than you
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

damn klasker doesn't take much to get you down does it.

I'll tell you my secret.

there is no funking way all the assholes in my life are going to turn out to be right about their pompous assumptions about who or what I am.

every time I get lazy I just think about how people call me a nerd and a geek and stuff... when in reality I'm about as far as you get away from that. but I guess if you're smart you're also nerdy.

I like startrek.. when I think nerd or geek (which is the correct definition) I think about obsession with things not normally obsessed about. dreams about the future you'll never have the joy to see. like startrek.

IDK what charactors lived or died like some people nessesarily but I have watched more then 50% of the entire startrek stuff.

so god damn it go geek go.

I'm going to be the coolest most well known less then nerd you know. well maybe besides yourself. so help me dog.
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

I didn't see any technique I couldn't do myself given their hardware.
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Also lets not forget its not graphics that make games sucessful. Its mostly gameplay and concept and IMO, Crysis doesnt seem to have much of a revolutionary concept.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Also lets not forget its not graphics that make games sucessful. Its mostly gameplay and concept and IMO, Crysis doesnt seem to have much of a revolutionary concept.
Oblivion wasn't exactly a puddle of fun either. But I enjoyed staring at pretty graphics for a while.

Oh, and I haven't touched it in..four months?
messen

Post by messen »

Hi!
Klasker wrote:Have you been watching Cry Engine tech demos again? You know it's bad for you. It makes our little projects seem useless and makes us give up all hope. I always lose motivation for coding after watching one of those badass demos. :wink:
That is why i play wolfeinstein3d before i want to code something ;)
Luben

Post by Luben »

sio2, that goes for all of us, given enough time, effort and will to do it. The difference here is that they do it, and makes it all work together with game content. Writing a game engine is not the same as writing nifty graphic demos.
But now that you've said it, i'm waiting for your deformable mesh demo :D
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

I bet they achieve it by not wasting hours each day turning every conversation around to themselves and expounding on their 1337ness to people who could not possibly care less.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

messen wrote:Hi!
Klasker wrote:Have you been watching Cry Engine tech demos again? You know it's bad for you. It makes our little projects seem useless and makes us give up all hope. I always lose motivation for coding after watching one of those badass demos. :wink:
That is why i play wolfeinstein3d before i want to code something ;)
It's funny I do the same thing except I play TES: Arena. :lol:
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

one funny thing: the video makes me motivated. :lol:
Beshr

Post by Beshr »

Have you been watching Cry Engine tech demos again? You know it's bad for you. It makes our little projects seem useless and makes us give up all hope. I always lose motivation for coding after watching one of those badass demos.
well, that's exactly what happend with me!! :)
but i think that Irrlicht is not just great, it's AMAZING, and thats simply because it's FREEEEEEE! i like free things :P
(\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

it's AMAZING, and thats simply because it's FREEEEEEE! i like free things
NOT ONLY free but also user-friendly. (as well as newbie-friendly lol) :wink:
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Oh my god I watched the tech demos for the Cryengine 2.0 level editor. You have got to be kidding me, I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well I think everyone is right that it we haven't seen anything we couldn't do given time and the hardware and DX10.

sio2 check your pm because I have a serious question for you
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B