Collosion Detection - getting the node.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Strong99
Admin

Collosion Detection - getting the node.

Post by Strong99 »

when using the getCollisionPoint() it returns the triangle and outpos but how to get the node from collosion?
spopo

Post by spopo »

Well if i understood your question well, then try getSceneNodeFromCameraBB, getSceneNodeFromRayBB or getSceneNodeFromScreenCoordinatesBB.

And shame on you if this is what you're asking! How can you be a project leader if you can't just check what other methods does scene collision manager has...
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

well... i forgot to say fast, getSceneNodeFromRayBB is the one i was thnking of but its a littlebit time consumming. And those use the bounding boxes not the triangles
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

getCollisionPoint() works off an ITriangleSelector. to know the node you will need to keep track of where you use the ITrangleSelector. you can also use ISceneNode.getTriangleSelector() to get the current triangle selector set to a node. keep in mind that the same triangle selector can be used on multiple nodes.