How OpenGl is updated ?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
chinanzio

How OpenGl is updated ?

Post by chinanzio »

I have tried to run a project in a computer having windows xp , but i get the following problem: The console says :
Using renderer : OpenGL 1.1.0
OpenGL driver version is not 1.2 or better.
Failed to load OpenGL's multitexture extension , proceding without.

What do i have to do ? , I want to say , How OpenGl is updated ?

Is this like DirectX ? downloading some executable file and we all happy or is this a little more complicated ?

I do not dominate very much this topic.

thanks !!
Tanuva

Post by Tanuva »

I think the opengl part comes with your graphics driver, it has (luckily) nothing to do with m$ directx. You might consider installing a new graphics driver, that should help...
Tanuva
Robert Y.

Post by Robert Y. »

And hopefully Irrlicht will be changed in the future, so that it will work again with OpenGL 1.1. Unfortunately, Windows comes standard with OpenGL 1.1, while OpenGL 1.2 is significantly different from it. All our hope is on Hybrid (hint,hint :wink: ) for fixing this :D.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, I'm working on it :D The changes of the OpenGL textures I made some days ago were a first step. The thing is that I don't want to put another conversion loop into the code, but get it cleaner for the existing and the new parts.
Robert Y.

Post by Robert Y. »

Thanks, Hybrid !!!! :D