BSP laden...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
denial

BSP laden...

Post by denial »

Halloo..

ich hab ne MAP in Radiant erstellt, doch wie muss ich die Map kompilieren? Ich hab die Option "BSP (final) -meta, -vis, -light, -fast, -filter, -super 2, bounce 8" genutzt.... Nun hab ich im Maploader-Beispiel der Irrlicht-Engine den Dateinamen in meinen geändert, doch nix wird angezeigt.... Hab ich falsch kompiliert? Andererseits kommt eine Fehlermeldung von der Engine, dass eine best. Textur fehlen würde. Aber wieso sucht Irrlicht in meiner Map nach einer bestimmten Textur?

Danke
Luke923

Re: BSP laden...

Post by Luke923 »

Können Sie Ihre Frage auf Englisch stellen, bitte?

Es gibt eine Deutsche Forum. http://www.netvader.net/irrlichtforum.
denial wrote:Helloo..

I was wondering how do I compile a map in Radiant, which uses the options "BSP (final) -meta, -vis, -light, -fast, -filter, -super 2, bounce 8." Now, all I have done is altered the file names in the Maploader example...have I compiled wrongly? On the other hand, Irrlicht does give me an error that the textures fail to load. So, how does Irrlicht look up a particular texture?

Thanks
Man, my German is rusty, but if anyone interested in helping our German-speaking friend, this is what I've been able to parse together - with the help of Babelfish - what he's asking.

I would like to help you, friend, but the nitty-gritty of how Irrlicht handles BSPs is way beyond my level expertise. Hopefully, someone else will be able to answer this for you.
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California."
- E.W. Dijkstra

Post by Guest »

Hast du deine Map mit Texturen erstellt? Dann ist es kein Wunder, warum Irrlicht danach sucht, weil es das automatisch macht. Allerdings habe ich keine Erfahrung mit Maps, deshalb weiß ich nicht genau, wie man es zum Darstellen bewegt. Die Tutorials helfen dir auch nicht dabei?

Trotzdem nach meiner Einschätzung müsste es zumindest mal irgendwas laden... (gibt er im Debugmodus an, dass er ansonsten die Map geladen hat?) da müsste dann irgendwas stehen wie : Loaded map <Pfad oder Name>.

Well I try it in English too:
Have you compiled the map in Radiant with textures at all? Irrlicht is searching for the textures automatically and if it can't find the textures it gives errors. But I don't have any experience with maps yet, so I have no idea where other errors may lie. The example don't help?

But I still think it should load something anyway.. (does the debugmodus say that it loaded the map? ) there has to be something lik loaded map<directory or name>

Post by Guest »

@Luke: I think the link of the german forum is dead...

Post by Guest »

Sorry, the link is alright, but the hyperlink was not correct. Of course it is without the point a the end.
Luke923

Post by Luke923 »

Sorry, I butchered your post. :oops:
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California."
- E.W. Dijkstra

Post by Guest »

uuuh... what does butchered mean?
Just in case: you didn't do anything wrong, I was just to stupid to open the link. :wink:

-tüt
rogerdv

Post by rogerdv »

Whayt you mean is include textures inside BSPs? Why would you do that if you can simply pack both bsp and textures in the same zip and lead the bsp without problems?
ru guo ni yao ai, ni jiang bu hui shi qu
Luke923

Post by Luke923 »

Anonymous wrote:uuuh... what does butchered mean?
Just in case: you didn't do anything wrong, I was just to stupid to open the link. :wink:

-tüt
Sorry about that...I was referring to the really poor translation of your post.
- E.W. Dijkstra