[fixed] getAbsoluteTransformation problem after 1.3

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Post Reply
deanh22a
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:08 pm

[fixed] getAbsoluteTransformation problem after 1.3

Post by deanh22a »

I just updated to version irrlicht 1.3 and i'm having a problem.

I have code that looks like this:

Code: Select all

scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode* model;
model->getAbsoluteTransformation().rotateVect(location3);
but getAbsoluteTransformation gives me this error:
error C2660: 'irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode::getAbsoluteTransformation' : function does not take 0 arguments

Just to see what would happen, I tried adding a 0 to make it look like this:

Code: Select all

model->getAbsoluteTransformation(0).rotateVect(location3);
But then I get this error:
error C2039: 'rotateVect' : is not a member of 'irr::scene::SMD3QuaterionTag'

I'm also getting an error when I try to do this:

Code: Select all

driver->setTransform(video::ETS_WORLD, model->getAbsoluteTransformation()); 
So basically, I don't know what to do with SMD3QuaterionTag. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? :?:
vitek
Bug Slayer
Posts: 3919
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Corvallis, OR

Post by vitek »

This is a bug. Someone added an overload of getAbsoluteTransformation() to the IAnimatedMeshSceneNode, but didn't promote the virtual with the same name from the base class. This means the original getAbsoluteTransformation() is hidden by the new overload.

If you truly want the absolute transformation of the entire scene node, you can cast node to a regular ISceneNode* before you call getAbsoluteTransformation()...

Code: Select all

scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode* model;

// set model to something valid...

// this should work
((scene::ISceneNode*)model)->getAbsoluteTransformation().rotateVect(location3);
Travis
deanh22a
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:08 pm

Post by deanh22a »

ah. thanks. works fine now 8)
bitplane
Admin
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:45 am
Location: England
Contact:

Post by bitplane »

I've renamed this method to getMD3TagTransformation
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
Post Reply