a few problems

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Coolkat

a few problems

Post by Coolkat »

here are a few problems.. not all are related to Irrlicht.. some are general C/C++ problems i can't figure out.

1.) my biggest problem, im using Sleep() in my program and before Sleep() i remove some models and add an image.. after sleep i remove the image and display a new model.. here is what happens.. i run the program.. hit the button that calls this function.. it sleeps.. all the models are still there.. then they are all removed and the image is displayed then removed and the new model is displayed within .002 seconds (something like that).. i don't know why it is that..

Code: Select all

if(id == 132)
{

model1->remove();
model2->remove();
IGUIImage * img = //blah blah this works because i tested it

Sleep(3000);

img->remove();
model3 = //blah blah

return true;
}
but it acts like

Code: Select all

if(id  == 153) 
{
Sleep(3000);
model1->remove();
//etc. 
}
and that isn't too much fun

2.) with fonts.. i tried to use the Irrlicht Font program.. and when i did i hit copy to clipboard.. and it compies.. i just can't get it to paste so i can use the font.. i might be doing something wrong but it wont paste.. i tried all pasting methods i knew...

3.) has anyone tried to use SDL with Irrlicht? does it work or anything like that? i want to integrate some SDL with my program..

4.) I know the features page says that it doesn't work but has anyone tried to display maps with disps (i think that is what they are called) and bumps? and anyone know (someone like niko) when these models will be able to be displayed?

5.) does Irrlicht support model particles? such as say the map has an animation which has a fountain that shoots up water.. can irrlicht display that?

ok.. i think that's all... thanks in advanced.
IcePump Gaming
under construction
R00mpel

Post by R00mpel »

2nd question: just launch any editor like Paint and press Ctrl-V or Edit->Paste, this should work :roll:
The only thing to fear is running out of beer!
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

3rd Question: Irrlicht doesn't need SDL, it has it's own versions however you can still use the STL port as it has it's own namespace, there won't be any clashes as long as you write the full namespace path.

4th Question: Neither diplacement or bump maps are supported by the engine, you won't be able to use them.

5th Question: There is a billboard particle system implemented, but not a mesh particle system. I doubt you want that anyway as that would kill the frame rate, I've never seen any game that I think doesn't use billboards for particles.

Hope that helps.