Cry Engine, made me cry...... :( :(

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Duncan Mac Leod

Post by Duncan Mac Leod »

Nice graphics... - but it's just another FPS - no story, no fun! boring...

It's a shame to waste money on developing such games...

Just my 2 cents,
Duncan
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

It helps when you think that they

°Get paid for working
°Are more than you, alot more than you
º A royal lot more .These are huge hordes of very pro people.Also with hordes of way less pro people, again, also with hordes of royal useless people...and hordes of marketting people, hordes of bosses trying to justify their salary, and like marketting people, often wrecking every plan, and workflow possible.

º also, the hordes of pros (actual magicians making it all be that great) , are *really* smart and dedicated a freaking life to be the very best experts, not just good, they wouldn't survive if so.please...PLEASE...don't envy them.You have nothing to envy.I tell you.

º with loads of money, machines, mocap, actors, external contracting for sound, for extra load of graphics, etc, etc, ...buying engines, libraries, etc...

º they actually can take a 5 years project and they wont "get bored of it", cause money doesnt bore so much, and they have plenty from investors or supporting huge distro/company.

º the workers OFTEN are wasted people working 18 hours a day (been there, suffered that) , guess only *some* art directors, and some close to bosses circles game designers, are enjoying the trip, and by all means, way less than you do.

º the companies usual way of doing is just do a game, and then close. Is often hard business to stay, and even if they can, is reaaally often to ie, close UK studios of the company, close usa studio, close studio in that other country. A pro in this games is very often a nomad's life, is way harder if has a family, but even if not.

When I see a game like crysis, I only feel pain...for the buddies and girls working so freaking hard, non stop, no breathing, killing their personal lifes for it, making em not wanting to here about any for of game similar to it in their lives or...not wanting to hear about a game at all...

So, yup, feel happy you're not there and you just do the right thing: enjoy doing games at your pace, with irrlicht :)

No 2d/3d artists were harmed to make this post.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com