Arena of Honor - Multiplayer FPS with Newton physics

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Post by Guest »

Is the site/project still active? I can't hit it anymore...
RiChArD_fLoOd

Post by RiChArD_fLoOd »

yeh it says its forbidden
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Website down? :(
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
sRc

Post by sRc »

Found it on SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aoh/
SenVa

Post by SenVa »

I can't compile this on msvc++ 6.0... I keep on getting a linking error(well 10 linking errors).

Code: Select all

Linking...

App.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static class irr::NXRoot * irr::core::Singleton<class irr::NXRoot>::p_Singleton" (?p_Singleton@?$Singleton@VNXRoot@irr@@@core@irr@@1PAVNXRoot@3@A)

StartDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static class irr::NXRoot * irr::core::Singleton<class irr::NXRoot>::p_Singleton" (?p_Singleton@?$Singleton@VNXRoot@irr@@@core@irr@@1PAVNXRoot@3@A)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CGUILoader::registerSelectionListener(class irr::gui::ISelectionListener *)" (?registerSelectionListener@CGUILoader@@QAEXPAVISelectionListener@gui@irr@@@Z)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CGUILoader::registerScrollingListener(class irr::gui::IScrollingListener *)" (?registerScrollingListener@CGUILoader@@QAEXPAVIScrollingListener@gui@irr@@@Z)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CGUILoader::registerActionListener(class irr::gui::IActionListener *)" (?registerActionListener@CGUILoader@@QAEXPAVIActionListener@gui@irr@@@Z)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CGUILoader::CGUILoader(class irr::gui::IGUIEnvironment *,class irr::core::position2d<int>)" (??0CGUILoader@@QAE@PAVIGUIEnvironment@gui@irr@@V?$position2d@H@core@3@@Z)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CGUILoader::~CGUILoader(void)" (??1CGUILoader@@QAE@XZ)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall CGUILoader::LoadGUI(char const *)" (?LoadGUI@CGUILoader@@QAEHPBD@Z)

menu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CGUILoader::UnloadAll(void)" (?UnloadAll@CGUILoader@@QAEXXZ)

Debug_Physics/Arena of Honor_DP.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Arena of Honor_DP.exe - 10 error(s), 0 warning(s)
CyberKa0s

Post by CyberKa0s »

I can't download it : :?
TheRLG

New Developer

Post by TheRLG »

I'd just like to inform everybody that I have taken over development of Arena of Honour.

You can access the Sourceforge project at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/aoh

You can find the website at http://aoh.sourceforge.net

Anyone willing to develop is welcome to join the project. Current tasks include:
- Moving source to latest Irrlicht version
- Switching to IrrKlang
- Renaming classes, organizing/cleaning up code (My job exclusively)
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

This project looks interesting, escpially since I'm making my own shooter. Although it will be more along the lines of Resident Evil and Blood

Look at wikipedia and type in blood_(computer game) in the search box to learn more about blood
kaekae

Linking problem

Post by kaekae »

I have problem with linking , if I compiled

this is debug

1>Linking...
1>IrrlichtUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual wchar_t const * __thiscall irr::scene::ISceneNode::getName(void)const " (?getName@ISceneNode@scene@irr@@UBEPB_WXZ)
1>IrrlichtUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall irr::scene::ISceneNode::setName(wchar_t const *)" (?setName@ISceneNode@scene@irr@@UAEXPB_W@Z)
1>./Arena of Honor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\irrlicht-1.3\examples\ahr\MSVC7\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Arena of Honor - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

pls help me , I download new include and lib files , becouse with old libraries and includes I have more error with compiled , I use MSVC++ 2005 , I´m sorry for my bad english :lol:
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

It dosen't seem the website has been updated in a while.
TheRLG

Post by TheRLG »

kaekae wrote: I have problem with linking , if I compiled
Remember, the project now is still set to use IrrlichtNX, not recent updated Irrlicht. That's my first goal right now. The last time thing was updated was like 2005, and its now 2007 :lol:

I'm out of town this weekend and I have an exam on Tuesday, but after that, I'm trying to convert it to Irrrlicht1.3 ASAP.[/quote]
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

It'll be good to see it when its updated.
tsghost

Conversion of AOH to Latest Irrlicht Version...

Post by tsghost »

Hey Everybody,

Going to give the conversion a go on Code Blocks... not sure if I can pull this off but I like the demo a lot, could be useful stuff to learn from for my project. I really like the fact that i can shoot spent shells and other bullets. Can't seem to connect to CPUs together in the network though... maybe a lag issue with vid card on CPU 2? I am using AMD technology in my Computers.

--- my Irrlicht Experiments are as such so far:

I have a somewhat working version of the ICE framework (latest Build) working in the new Irrlicht, with Audiere sound, but no physics, no networking. I havent yet been able to load a .Irr scene file in any of the states I have made :(. There is no "option" state for the game, but has TinyXML included and a config file.

I managed to convert the Full Framework of IrrWizard to Latest Version of Irrlicht but get stuck easily, when trying to add code to it. ("Not a great C++ Programmer, but I'm getting better every day thanks to IrrLicht <nudge> <nudge> <wink> <wink>")

I also managed to piece together an IrrSpintz Demo of Player movement and terrain rendering with the new Irrlicht Version.

Working on compiling the source for Alpha Foundation (rpg game) but have trouble compiling the LUA model support stuff. The Irrlicht Conversion on this seems to have taken nicely but theres a whole mess of model includes I get lost in, Ideally i want to take it out in exchange for the included model support in Irrlicht's .dll

Ultimately:
I'm looking to build a game state framework for a 3rd Person game, but I find more examples of 1st person shooters, wich is a great place to start because they are easy to get working. but you'll see more on that in the project announcements later on.

If I am able to pay Arena of Honor a Redux I will post my results on this thread.

To the Author(s): Thanks for supplying the community with your source code, the best way to learn to build a game is by reading what others have tried to do.

Thanks for your time/effort/interest in Irrlicht.

Eventually I will provide a page on www.waylonmccann.ca or www.tswnet.ca that will have my final builds of the above mentioned sources so you can review my changes/modifications/corrections/fixes/omissions :D
A:) I have no Idea, I'm new here.
kenny1

sure

Post by kenny1 »

I agree with you!
go on!!!
Bodzio

Post by Bodzio »

@tsghost Have you done this AOH conversion for Code Blocks?