2d view?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
sebi707

2d view?

Post by sebi707 »

is it possible to render an scenemanager with 3d objects in a wireframe 2d perspective? this should be for a level editor! or maybe is it possible to get all objects in the scene and so i can draw the boxes on my own!

sorry for my bad english
Dances

Post by Dances »

You can make it appear 2d by setting a camera hard on an axis and not allowing rotation but you can't make it true 2d... then you wouldn't have 3d. This is essentially the same, though.

As for wireframes, yes, but I'm not sure how. I think it has to do with a nodes' materials or something.... theres example code around the forum somewhere that says how... perhaps someone who knows will answer you, though.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

A 2d view is just a camera without perspective, see this post for setting up an orthographic view
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 2643#14229

for wireframe, just node->setMaterialFlag(EMF_WIREFRAME, true)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
sebi707

Post by sebi707 »

hi the wireframe is not exactly wat i want! i only see the front of the box and not the backfaces.
the ortographic view seems to be exactly what i want!
vitek
Bug Slayer

Post by vitek »

If you want to see the back faces, you need to disable backface culling on the material.