materials from blender to irrlicht how!?

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
omar shaaban

materials from blender to irrlicht how!?

Post by omar shaaban »

i have made some materials or shaders in my model so how can i import this shaders to irrlicht!? and the tex that i assigned in blemder!?
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

It depends on the export format, but you can only export vertex colours, and things like material colour specular and ambient,transparency (if you use .obj)

Then you use the .mtl file exported with the.obj put it in the same folder and irrlicht should load it.

A way that works 100% of the time is selecting the polygons in uv/faceslect mode, open a new uv/image window then uvmap your model, in the image window select image then load.

This should texture your polygons easier than blender's materials (no need to use obj and mtl)

btw you cant export blender shaders and you have to uv map models by hand bc blenders auto uv's arent exported (you can use the uv scripts).
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

the way I'm currently doing models is with blender... no shaders can be used only material effects in irrlicht until it gets better mesh loading support and the effects to apply.

I use .x with I thought lukes exporter... and the tutorial in FAQ/toollist/ect

texturing was a bit tricky I remember.. in blender there are two ways to texture.. the renders see the shaded material.. while the texture is in UVeditor only. play with it.

if you want high end graphics like shader effects and stuff... then learn direct x shader scripting. personally I'll take yesteryear graphics and put 10000 more badguys in to kill and enjoy the game 10x more. but thats just my style and preferrence and eventually I'll be caught in this trap aswell I'm just hoping irrlicht has evolved more by then.