irrlicht 1.3.1 bug

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Dave

irrlicht 1.3.1 bug

Post by Dave »

I just downloaded the latest version of Irrlicht (1.3.1) from the website. During the compilation everything went alright.

Now the problem: when I start my program with the new version of the dll (compiled in debug mode), the program breaks at the following line in CSceneManager.cpp. This happens somewhere within the drawAll() function:

Code: Select all

//! Returns the current color of shadows.
video::SColor CSceneManager::getShadowColor() const
{
	return ShadowColor; // <-- has a value but still gives error?
}
This is the error message I get:
Unhandled exception at 0x100fafca (Irrlicht_debug.dll) in Virtualis.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x7d864120.
I have no idea what this means. A possible solution might be to explicitly set the shadow color before rendering anything, so that's what I did. Now I get an even bigger error:
Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.
The compilation settings for both Irrlicht version 1.3 as 1.3.1 are exactly the same. For some reason only 1.3 works, the other one just crashes on runtime. I use MSVC 2005 on Windows 2000.

Does anyone here have the same problem or might know of a solution?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Recompile your app with the new include files. This is an error due to a change in the class layout. You cannot just replace the dlls.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oke that was not very smart of me :roll: Well, I tried the compilation at the end of the day, so that probably caused my error...
Thanks hybrid!