Hello from TDragon, and another Irrlicht-using project

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
TDragon

Hello from TDragon, and another Irrlicht-using project

Post by TDragon »

Greetings, this is John E., alias TDragon. I'm a happy Irrlicht user of about 4 months; I came across it in a search for a good 3d engine to build a game on, after considering options such as 3dstate, Genesis3d, and CrystalSpace.

Irrlicht is the best. At least for the uses I have for it: it doesn't hide functionality and options with one-size-fits-all functions (like 3dstate), and it doesn't abstract everything away and add way too much unneeded functionality (like CrystalSpace). Way to go, Niko, you've made my game development days much better.

I'm currently using Irrlicht to develop a 3d action/platform game; myself and a few other fans are making a sequel/tribute/next-gen game storylined after the old DOS platformer, "Commander Keen". (Anyone here ever heard of or played it?) It's currently very much under alpha development and we've decided not to release it until it's much more complete so there's no publicly-visible progress yet; however you can visit the website at keen.syrrax.com and see what it's about.
It doesn't necessarily need to be added to the Irrlicht projects list yet, either...

--Twilight Dragon
Krampe

Post by Krampe »

Anyone here ever heard of or played it?
Oh man, i played and loved them all :D I even learned the vorticon alphabet to read the signs ingame, lol :)

Good Luck! Would love to play a new version. I hope you will build in things like the overview map with levels to choose and the nice secrets in each game :)