rewrite the roadrunner(carpc) with irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
nhsimon

rewrite the roadrunner(carpc) with irrlicht

Post by nhsimon »

i just begin to rewrite eht roadrunner(carpc) with irrlicht,the main screen changes little,but more effect.please give me some advise.
Image :D
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Haha cool, is the carpc capable of running this somehow, or just for demonstration?
nhsimon

i just finish the main screen,there's a long way to go!

Post by nhsimon »

i just finish the main screen,there's a long way to go!:? :?
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I can see him using this in a future car that drives itself... into a tree. :lol:

looks good...as for advice well.. you need animation.

I can't speak for the accuracy nor do i care this seems like pure hobby to me without any practical use.. not to mention the copyrights you've infringed (good thing this forum is private :wink: )

as for any other advice I guess you've have to be specific. 8)
cederron

Post by cederron »

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that the carpc thing has a lot of users, and is a pretty useful thing, you can see wwwDOTmp3carDOTcom where there are many users subscribed to the forum.
Now for hsimon, I have been like 7 months developing what you are talking about, a carpc frontend, and I'm using irrlicht also because works well with the carpc hardware (usually a crap VIA 1Ghz processor and no video acceleration), the difference is that I'm doing it in 3D, buttons and all are 3d objects.
My thing is more like StreetDeck software than RoadRunner.
(well, actually it is so similar that people is going to say that I have ripped off SD, I'm sure).
nhsimon

really??!

Post by nhsimon »

really!!!so cool,i hope you can help me to finish it!thanks
cederron

Re: really??!

Post by cederron »

nhsimon wrote:really!!!so cool,i hope you can help me to finish it!thanks
Hello nhsimon,
my code is very complex because I'm using technologies like COM/ATL so it won't really help you, besides the irrlicht code I'm using is very simple, you don't really need complex 3d/irrlicht code to get this project working.
Plus I hope my program to be a comercial one.
But I can try to answer your questions or doubts.
3ddev

Post by 3ddev »

Looks quite interesting... :)