My Little App in .NET...

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
3ddev

My Little App in .NET...

Post by 3ddev »

When Microsoft first released .NET, I literally forced myself to read a few beginner books on C#. After a while, I dropped them(and Microsoft!) in favor of c++. However, with .NET 3.0 integration into Vista, my interest in the .NET technology was renewed. As a result, I decided to try creating a medium-sized application using .NET 2.0 technology with C#. The result was Feed Launch .NET.

My fairly non-computer literate friend has been messing over managing his basic LAN website which uses feeds. I finally decided to help him by creating an intuitive application which would do the coding job for him. The "small" application is much larger than I had originally intended, but it is still fairly light-weight.

Description:
Feed Launch .NET is an open-source feed creator and feed editor for both RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 Feeds. The entire interface is form based, with a simple select->edit field theme. Among the many advanced options, I included a FTP upload feature. There also is interactive help, a Flash tutorial, and easy feed saving features. Feed Launch .NET is released on sourceforge.net, but is also found on softpedia. Here is a little screenshot of the app running. Sorry if the screenshots are a bit poorly screened.
(NOTE: Scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the download link)

Download:

Both the Feed Launch .NET installers and source code can be found on the project's download page :arrow: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=196277

The project's home page can be found in my signature. Any comments/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! :wink:
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

wow this is really nice :D i will use it good job.
3ddev

Post by 3ddev »

wildrj wrote:wow this is really nice :D i will use it good job.
Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas for improvement would be appreciated! :)