SimRobo 3D

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
bAStek

SimRobo 3D

Post by bAStek »

Ok here is a little game called SimRobo 3D made in Irrlicht.

The main point of this game is to program a robot in Lua script and watch him fight other robots :P.
It's something like robocode.

Some info how to use it:
1. After running push space bar and watch how they fight
2. You can configure terrain and terrain types in xml config files (wysokosc = height of one terrain square and dlugosc, glebokosc = width and depth of all terrain, rzedy and kolumny = rows and columns)
3. Enjoy

Feel free to leave comments about this little project here :P

http://basteq.googlepages.com/Robots.zip <-- download
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Wow awesome. Ive never used lua before so this can be a good learning experience for me ^_^
mhack

Post by mhack »

Would you be willing to release the source code for this? It could be a great collaborative project.
bAStek

Post by bAStek »

Sure I release the source code for it, just give me some time to clean the code and translate comments and variable names from polish to english.
I think i would be able to release code in next sunday.
mhack

Post by mhack »

Great! I'll be looking forward to it. I hope to release something soon as well as a tool in making games.
Katsankat

Post by Katsankat »

This looks promising and very interesting.
I'm curious to see how lua instructions are executed in main loop. I am also wondering how you handled missiles collision with red robots. Did you notice missiles stick above ground even if it is not flat? Perhaps I could try to improve this?
Programming AI with a scripting language is a good idea.