Lightmap texture flickering problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Mars

Lightmap texture flickering problem

Post by Mars »

I have an ATI rage card and when I start the Irrlicht Demo in DirectX sometimes (not always, but often) it has a problem with the lightmap. It flickers between the lightmap alone and the texture alone. However the flicker only appears at the same texture where ever it used in the q3-map. And when it flickers that texture seems to be blown up.

PS: the lightmaps aren't used on my pc because the rage card does not support MODULATE4X. However this is not the cause of my problem, since it is still there when I let Irrlicht use MODULATE2X instead and lightmaps are being used.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Strange. And it works with OpenGL?
Mars

Post by Mars »

In OpenGL it works fine, but it is too slow on an ATI rage card.
krypto

Post by krypto »

I'm having what I think is a similar problem. I use directx 8.1. The LEvel is very dark in directX(no lights?) but it renders great in opengl , but in opengl it is extremly slow. I know that the slowness is probably my cards opengl support. But Directx is fast if only the lighting was correct.
joi

Post by joi »

yeah, im having a similar problem. my models in .obj dont work in DIRECTX8 (maybe its because my computer has directx9b?) but it works in opengl. i need to do on directx :( help me ? :wink:
------------
one more lie