Thanks for the great work Jirr!

Discussion about Irrlicht's Java wrapper
r2d2

Thanks for the great work Jirr!

Post by r2d2 »

Just wanted to say thanks dude. Great job you have done and hope will do in the future :) I havent started working with Jirr yet, but i will soon. Had to stop programming for quite some time and now i dont want to get confident with all that c++ stuff again. So i decided using Java now. Besides im already using it for another project. Now i also wanted to use Jirr for some small University projects. Since i already know Irrlicht i decided to have a look at it again and i saw your Irrlichtbindings for Java. I played around with the demos a little bit and i have to say: man you did a great job there :) Please keep it up :)
But one little question remains, you posted a small sample using JNewton. Is JNewton already working well with Jirr or are there still some problems? Havent had the time to look at it yet.
Greetz
R2

and keep up the good work mate :)
R2D2's Irrlicht Mods
Messed up with my database so the page is not working at the moment -.-
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6700RAM: 4096 mb Graphics: Radeon 4850 512mb Sound: on board InternetConnection: DSL
jirr

Post by jirr »

Thanks for your nice words. And yes I am keeping up with jirr (I have been with this project since 2004 ;)).

The current task is to let it run in an applet. I would name it pre-pre-alpha but it is working in a new opened frame and can be displayed in a pure browser's window. Sadly there are some drawbacks when it comes to stopping the applet -> browser crashing. Also when run in a browser window events are no longer registered. That is what I am struggling with currently.
Searching the web it seems that not many people are facing these tasks worldwide - that is why I have to try it the hard way.

Regarding JNewton I can say that there where no big drawbacks. My main task in that case was to mirror the positions from the newton world to the irrlicht one. That's why the demo contains some maths in java for correct positioning. Since I have not tested JNewton to its limits I cannot say if you may encounter bigger problems though.