Tiny models

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
NoodlePowa

Tiny models

Post by NoodlePowa »

My models that I make in Blender turn out really tiny, no matter how much I scale it in Blender.

This is in Blender:

This is in my program:

Why does it always turn out so tiny?

And another thing, in the second screen shot, I drew the bounding box of sydney and my model. Why is the bounding box for my model over at sydney's position?
"Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."
-Confucius
vitek
Bug Slayer

Post by vitek »

How are you drawing the bounding box? If you're manually calling driver->draw3DBox() you need to set the absolute transformation and material on the video driver before you render.

If you are using addMeshSceneNode() or addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(), you should be able to call node->setDebugDataVisible(EDS_BBOX) one time to get the bounding box to display automatically.

Travis
NoodlePowa

Post by NoodlePowa »

Ah, okay, thanks. :D

But my main problem is that my model turns out so tiny!
"Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."
-Confucius
Praetor

Post by Praetor »

Within blender if you scale the object in object mode most of the exporters will revert it to the original scale, however if you scale it in edit mode the scaling should stay. Also I think if you do scale it in object mode doing the "apply scale and rotation" option might work.
"Surely we don’t need to waste resources on pathfinding; they just need to walk along the shortest route from one place to another." - EA Producer