My DLL

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Cear

My DLL

Post by Cear »

as far as i know since i use DevC++ (the greatest compiler ever)
i have to use the DLL in the win32 folder for al lmy projects. this DLL is larger than hte VS one, however the only graphics drivers it lets me choose are OpenGL(wich does not support fullscreen(this is what im trying to do now)); and software renderer (wich absolutly blows)

im pretty sure i need to be in d3d to have fullscreen but tis not comiled in the DLL.
and comeone hook my up with an answer? or a DLL?

Cear Dallben of the Zog Cabal
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Could you tell us the name of the DLL?
Cear

Post by Cear »

oh my bad.
im definatly talking about the irrlicht.DLL
i use dev c++ and im hearing evil speech of it not supporting anything but open GL and software renderer.

can someone point me in the direction of a miracle
Praetor

Post by Praetor »

Here's a topic that has a .dll for gcc (the compiler dev-cpp uses) and d3d:

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... cc+directx
I haven't tested this (I use code::blocks and Microsoft's compiler so no need for it..)

By the way openGL does work with fullscreen.
"Surely we don’t need to waste resources on pathfinding; they just need to walk along the shortest route from one place to another." - EA Producer
Cear

Post by Cear »

intresting. so turns out hes right, i was getting graphics not supported ause i was using odd resolutions i imagine. now see my monitor is 1680 by 1050.

this will certianly not work on other peoples computers right? how about a getResolution function. is there one?