Pre-Render for Cutscenes and Ingame movies

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Dr.Bunshin

Pre-Render for Cutscenes and Ingame movies

Post by Dr.Bunshin »

Hello again Community!

I was wondering about optimizing cutscenes when I thought of trying to render things like that before-hand. Good idea? Possible? How would I go about doing it?
Dr.Bunshin

Post by Dr.Bunshin »

Well, Can someone just tell me its not possible?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

IN most cases, if you don't get answers you can assume your question is not understandable. What do you mean with 'cutscenes', and how would you prerender them? What do you want to achieve?
Dr.Bunshin

Post by Dr.Bunshin »

Ok hybrid, and thanks. What I want to achieve is pre-rendering. I want to render a scene beforehand. Take the "REALTIME" out of irrlicht, capture each frame and write it to a file.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, then render to a RTT and save the images with the image writers, or just make a screenshot using the Irrlicht method of the same name (which will be slower, though). You just have to thin about a proper way of presenting the snapshots later on (which would be simply done by loading the image and putting them onto a large quad/billboard.