mac 10.4, xcode 2.4, i get a version error.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
wREAKAILDRON

mac 10.4, xcode 2.4, i get a version error.

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

mac 10.4, xcode 2.4, i get a version error when i try and compile with the libirrlicht.a (or some sush name) file that i downloaded from this tread :

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 42e2800837 .

i was directed by the previous thread to put in place of the missing libMacOSX.a file, that i wawsnt able to compile on my own.

the error tells me that the library version of irrlicht (1.3) does not match the version the application was compiled with (1.0) and that this may cause kernel errors. I get a blank irrlicht screen with the xcode debugger window interrupting, and the third seperate bug reporting window telling me this error. I downloaded the libirrlicht.a 1.3 (or some such name) from the above mentioned link.

and i cant compile the engine's macos lib file project because it contains alternative xcode project description files that i dont know how to manage compiling from.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Just do what the error message implies: Recompile your app with the 1.3 headers. the internal and external structures have changed too much. And you will have to get something to compile in order to work with Irrlicht - it does not make sense without.