Major sci-fi racing game project

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

that is so incredibly true that I dont even know what to say about it
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

lmao
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

haha

lol
it is all true...I think we artists have now great help to achieve an ambience in the coding side.. What wrecks it all is not the technology , is the bad use of it...That typical silliness comes usually from a marketting guy not knowing much of...anything, that got up this morning with some headache of the previous night and want to put his morning vision to the game...so,yeh, more bloom...is more realistic , teh way he sees it...bad thing is, in the evening, he beguin to see all dark...so puts a mail to developing team that we need to get all darker. Seems a joke, but without the exageration, tends to be this senseless...

Looks the artists have dissapeared like their website, anyway its was fun working with Blindside for a bit.
I have almost not read this thread... dunno what is all about, sorry...which artists, the ones of the humor strip ?
Or you meant the one of this project? wasnt it going comercial with 5 digits?
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

vermeer wrote: wasnt it going comercial with 5 digits?
Don't even joke, to tell you the truth I was laughing along with Gfxstyler from the start :lol:

But I must admit it was nice working with some dedicated modellers, didn't have all the trouble about where to find models etc, had a hovercraft model and level model right away. It was also an honour to work alongside the great omaremad :oops: ... :P
Wyszo

Post by Wyszo »

Well, as you can read in my previous posts in this toppic I didn't think the project will become finished game, but I didn't expect that it will be abandoned so quick. What a pity :?

Anyway - one final question - I believe some modelers, who worked on the game will read this. Are the models for sale?
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Hmm I don't know if they will be back to read this, but I will try to contact them and see what the position on using the models for other projects are. Who knows maybe they will release them for free?
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

yeah, I read that thing of the five digits...which for an indy game is ok, but is certainly rare that it gets to fruition, even whene there are real investment behind...
It was also an honour to work alongside the great omaremad
You both should keep teaming-up, imo...
wether in this or in that "planet description" thing of yours... ;) (allways that you follow my eternal advice of keeping small the artwork asset(paying with tricks and design concept) small...is only salvation of indy projects... )

hey!, if ppl is ready to pay for something, I can model hovercraft ships,(sorry, they could not be based in their designs, for obvious reasons) not my favourite plate, but is somewhat less boring than doing logos for the bucks...Indeedy, any type of game artwork if there were $ to arrive...but that rarely is the case, hehehehe...I guess we'r all poor.

I guess there's quite less artist interested in indy games than programmers...I'm interested, yet devoted in latest years in getting bucks activities...or mostly...
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Yeah vermeer is a great artist, I recommend him to anyone willing to pay big money for good artwork :D
or in that "planet description" thing of yours..
Sorry that project is purely solo. That way it can *never* "fall apart" :wink:
(Also hssshhh... do not speak of it in "Project Announcements", it is far from ready to be mentioned here :P )
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

I do love schadenfreude.

The meta lesson is: if the project lead/recruiter says anything negative or defensive, ever, in response to random intarwebs comments then the project is dooooomed.

It was looking nice before it vanished into the Great MMO Scrapheap though. Pity.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way