Basic Linux noobie question

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
dingo_linux

Basic Linux noobie question

Post by dingo_linux »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get Irrlicht working under RH9. I've exrtacted the source files by using the app that comes with Gnome, I then bring a up a terminal promt and cd to the source dir and type "make". It goes along fine for a while then after a couple of pages I get this:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/disks/big2/programming/irrlicht/irrlicht-0.6/source/jpeglib'
make -C zlib -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/disks/big2/programming/irrlicht/irrlicht-0.6/source/zlib'
ar rc libz.a adler32.o compress.o crc32.o gzio.o uncompr.o deflate.o trees.o zutil.o inflate.o infblock.o inftrees.o infcodes.o infutil.o inffast.o
ar: adler32.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libz.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/disks/big2/programming/irrlicht/irrlicht-0.6/source/zlib'
make: *** [all] Error 2

and of course it stops compiling.

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Guest »

Well I got it working by trying the same process on a ext3 drive and not a FAT32 volume.

The about error was becuase of an NFS error to do with zlib - tried it on a ext3 volume and worked perfectly

Post by Guest »

How do I run to Techdemo in Linux (Gnome)?
disanti

Post by disanti »

You can't run the TechDemo under linux as it has windows specific code. :cry: Port it! :P
________
Smoke Kills
Last edited by disanti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honkey Kong

Post by Honkey Kong »

A while back, after I had some trouble compiling Irrlicht under Linux, I released a patch for it, and got the examples to run. However, I couldn't get the techdemo to run.

Tels managed to get it to work though, and he has a page documenting how to make it work at http://bloodgate.com/perl/irrlicht/techdemo.html if you're interested. Not all the features work correctly, but it's definitely a start.