Anyone knows tutorials to Blender 2.44 or atleast above 2.40

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
MasterGod

Anyone knows tutorials to Blender 2.44 or atleast above 2.40

Post by MasterGod »

Hi, I can't seem to find good tutorials to blender which aren't old. I know there are tons of tutorials out there and I found a lot of them but they are all to versions of 2.3x. I need tutorials to the newer versions, anyone knows any?

Thanks!
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Cardinal4

Post by Cardinal4 »

I guess you're referring to those at the blender wiki? They're still quite relevant. I don't think you'll be able to find any glaring differences in layouts or features between 2.x and 2.44 versions [at least, in the basic tutorials]. So you'll still be able use the tutorials at the wiki with the latest blender version.
Sketches of a rambling mind
Still a long way on learning Irrlicht...
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

yep, most of the latest animation tutorials are pretty valid. is all aboutknowing well pose mode , constraints, NLA, IPOs, and weight painting. Of course, if u keep an eye in newer builds, you get to know things that get easier and more comfortable...ie: probably the heat feature for weights, surely a way of autoweighting way more efficient than what we have for now...Of course, new constraints are appearing, modifiers structure is not considered in some of the oldest tuts...But the essential things to know are almost the same. All what is new , ususally makes your life easier, but the methods are very similar.Blender wiki is something that really you want to check. Still, the full manuals are essential. If you are already familiar with Belnder ways, usually there's no need of doc anymore, you just go testing new features and finding your own faster workflows...Blender is a big effort at the beguining, only...later on, the thing to care is on making faster and faster the workflow, the only remaining issue, which the developers are helping there, providing features that make possible also faster methods.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Ok, thanks!
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

IMHO the best one is and always will be the blender:noob to pro tutorial.

Post by MasterGod »

Cool thanks.

PS: What is IMHO? :roll:
Cardinal4

Post by Cardinal4 »

IMHO = In my humble opinion.

Unrelated, but this is a good place to learn slang: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_In ... ng_phrases :D
Sketches of a rambling mind
Still a long way on learning Irrlicht...
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Thanks, I'm sure gonna need it!