Problem with Save and Load scene

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ansu832001

Problem with Save and Load scene

Post by ansu832001 »

Hi Friends,

I have some problem with Save and Load Scene,

for saving i write something like this

sgmr->SaveScene(filename); //filename="temp.irr"

Loading :

sgmr->LoadScene(filename) but it is not loading any thing and when i tried to open tha saved .irr file in IrrEdit iam getting some error and the Application is getting Closed,still Puzzled as what had happened,is there any other way to do it.

Help Needed,

Best Regards.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

please upload the contents of your irr file to http://pastebin.ca so we can have a look at it :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
ansu832001

Post by ansu832001 »

Hi Bitplane,

Thanks for your response,Do you mean by uploading the content i.e upload .irr File ?? and moreover it is not letting me to upload .irr file saying

"Sorry, but the file you sent has more than 10% binary characters in it. We're guessing that means it is a binary file, and not a text file. It will be ignored."

Best Regards.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

hmm okay the XML must be completely corrupted, try opening it in notepad. can you see where the corruption starts? (unreadable characters)
ansu832001

Post by ansu832001 »

Hi Bitplane,

I have seen it in Notepad,everything is readable ,i don't find anything unreadable.

Best Regards,
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

ah, maybe pastebin doesn't like text files with wide chars.
Please paste the contents of the file here between

Code: Select all

tags :)
ansu832001

Post by ansu832001 »

Hi BitPlane,

The File is Uploaded @

http://www.uploading.com/files/NPVQ0JX2/Pos1.txt.html

I dindn't understand why you asked me to upload the file,beacuse my task is just SaveScene and LoadScene,does it need this complexity??
is it not like saving and loading a file??

Sorry for ignorance.

Best Regards.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

well, if the irr file will not load in Irrlicht and crashes irrEdit, I guessed it must be something to do with the file.
This opens okay for me in IrrEdit 0.7.1 (apart from all the missing files). It looks like your terrain is saved as an OctTree. I don't think it's possible to save meshes made by the mesh manipulator (yet), so if you're creating your terrain using addHillPlaneMesh then it will not save and might cause problems when loading.
Are you using the latest versions, Irrlicht 1.3.1 and IrrEdit 0.7.1?
ansu832001

Post by ansu832001 »

Hi BitPlane,

Iam using

irrEdit 0.7
Running on Irrlicht Engine version 1.3 and terrain is created using "addHillPlaneMesh"

I have another Question

i want to save the scene and its image is @

http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2 ... 1324696846

all the walls you see in the image are custom Objects and i can add Textures to it at runtime now i want to save the scene after applying textures and later i perform some other task and when i reload the saved scene it should load the scene along with texture applied and so on...

Can you please throw some light on how to do this and all,i don't have much knowledge in saving scene

Best Regards.