Video on how to setup DevCpp with Irrlicht (for Newbies)

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
dingo

Video on how to setup DevCpp with Irrlicht (for Newbies)

Post by dingo »

I put together a little avi that shows just the basics of setting up DevCpp for Irrlicht 0.6

This is aimed at the uber-newbie but I hope make better and better ones later on.

Be gentle with you critisism as this is the first of this type of thing I've done.

Here is the link - enjoy :)

http://www.users.on.net/symes/HowToSetupDevcpp.avi

Note it is ~22megs, uses DivX 4 and I know could be compressed better but I'm just learning how to compress etc ;)
-= Want your C code to control real life robots? www.users.on.net/~symes =-
puh

Post by puh »

This is completely waste of your traffic.
I think newbies could do this simply by reading Tutorial
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Maybe a short video pointing to the tutorial and API sections would be more appropriate :wink:
dingo

Post by dingo »

like I said this is for the uder-newbie - and like I said in the first post this just the first one - something nice and simple to see it was all possible then I will make better and better ones.

BTW Why don't more ppl post some - such as yourselves. I.e. if you think you know how to do better then do it, post it, and make the world a better place :)
Tyn_Guest

Post by Tyn_Guest »

I try to help where I can but holding someones hand isn't the right approuch. Creating video's of how to use a compiler isn't really something that I want to do, however if you are then you can help the uber noob's out there. I'd prefer to give people a bit of code and a bit of theory so they learn themselves. I can understand that it is frustrating but if you output every compiler error you get without trying to sort it out yourself then you really aren't learning anything.
dingo

Post by dingo »

Oh, sorry Tyn, post post was really more directed as a response to puh.

But yeah I fully understand what you're saying. I agree learning yourself from scratch is most probably the best way to do it, and really this first video was just a test of sorts to see I could make it, upload it correctly etc.

I just think the more info out there about how to use Irrlicht the better.

You have to remember there are ppl out there who may never have seen a programming IDE before and what to learn - (we were all at theat stage once).

And yes I never intended that this video would make a crop of awesome programmers but maybe other ppl will think of make videos showing: How they program Isometrics, Physic modelling, Model creation and importation workflows, the list goes on