can i use a 3ds file in irrlict?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
wREAKAILDRON

can i use a 3ds file in irrlict?

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

and if not, what other kind of non animated mesh can i use in irrlicht? ive tried looking in the search and i cant realy find anything. :?:
________
Weed Vaporizer
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
deesine

Post by deesine »

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/features.html

Look near the bottom of the page.
wREAKAILDRON

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

i finnaly found that, but anyways ive tried to use a milkshape model, and i have a newer version of milkshape then the engine allows, ive tried to use a 3ds file, and that never works either, i tried to use an x file, with the JT exporter, and that didnt work either.....................

im just trying to load a piece of still scenery. :D
________
Free Gift Cards
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

If there are problems with mesh loading you should report it to the bug forum. Best is if you can provide screenshots (of how it should look like) and the model for download. Also note that there were many improvements of mesh loaders in the last days, so it might already work in upcoming Irrlicht 1.4.
wREAKAILDRON

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

:evil:
ive had so many computers die from the internet id need a forklift to haul them to the dum;p if i still had them all. I use a macintosh EMac nowadays and i dont want to let my setup touch the internet. when

error for milkshape shapes:
the only versions of milkshape shapes allowed are from milkshape1.3 and 1.4

error for 3ds files from milkshape:
file format does not seem to be supported

error for lwo file exported from milkshape:
file cannot be opened
________
Confucianism dicussion
Acki

Post by Acki »

Strange, I'm using Milkshape v1.7.10 and I have no problems, neither with .ms3d nor .3ds nor .x files exported !!! :shock:
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java