Teckst : released source

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

This is lovely. A simple concept, well executed.

Just the font niggle, plus it's a bit confusing having no mouse cursor; I thought it had hung on startup. ;)
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JP

Post by JP »

That's another good point, i expected a cursor too to press the button but when you realise there isn't one i suppose the obvious choice is to whack enter.
Image Image Image
TheMiss

Post by TheMiss »

Emtreamly Nice GUI! :lol:
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Very cool GUI design.
Its a nice game, but after a while it starts being bit boring, I mean doing the same thing (which is basicaly pressing moving keys) which is fun at the begining but there is like no reason to continue playing.

I have a suggestion I hope you'll like, maybe make except harder lvls, other methods of "hacking", like teach the player (in some way, link it to the story somehow) your OWN "hacking language" and after few lvls of moving text (:lol:) change it to this where you give the player a set amount of time to get to an algorithm, of course make the algorithms very easy but tricky, I don't know think of a way to teach the player to get to the right mind so he would be able to solve those algorithms so you will be able to make the levels harder by making harder algorithms.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Hey, thanks to every one for the comments.

The gameplay issues :)

The next version (coming soon, 29 sept expected date)

Fixed font ::

A lot faster gameplay, in fact its quite hard. But you get more lives, and the speed is based on your "concentration" level as well as your level and your score. There are more difficulites being involved as well,

Such as, a defined language, with more than just numbers and letters, A system where you can play scores up against each other. a multiplayer as well as many other things. ITs a mini game so im not aiming to make an epic game.

My aim here from now on : finish v2, release with source, and let the community build on it? Im keen on that. Its Visual Basic .net and any coder could pick it up. Its well classed and well documented.

Ill be away for a week, checking in with my mobile. OTherwise v2 awaits ;)
fmx

Post by fmx »

MasterGod wrote:Very cool GUI design.
Its a nice game, but after a while it starts being bit boring, I mean doing the same thing (which is basicaly pressing moving keys) which is fun at the begining but there is like no reason to continue playing.
took the words right out of my mouth :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the next version.
keep up the great work!
:D
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

this is hacking?

more like a typing game.

interface looks nice or rather the background images.

can't say anything of the code.

how long did this take to make? 2 days?
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Lol midnight, you need those 2 evil eye things as your avatar it suits your personality better.

This game crashes for me, I wish I could have tried it :(
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

MasterGod wrote:Its a nice game, but after a while it starts being bit boring, I mean doing the same thing (which is basicaly pressing moving keys) which is fun at the begining but there is like no reason to continue playing.
That never hurt Tetris.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

rogerborg wrote:That never hurt Tetris.
It did, do you know of anybody who still plays it?

but that's ain't the subject of this thread so lets stay on topic..
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
JP

Post by JP »

*played tetris about an hour ago* :P
Image Image Image
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

MasterGod wrote:
rogerborg wrote:That never hurt Tetris.
It did, do you know of anybody who still plays it?
JP. :P
but that's ain't the subject of this thread so lets stay on topic..
I agree that after this off topic post, everybody else should stay on topic. :P :P and again :P
evo

Post by evo »

FuzzYspo0N wrote:Can i get feedback on the GAMEPLAY aspect? ppl that have played it?

Scores? levels?
Hiscore 450
I got a bit bored after 3 levels actually :roll: I am typing all day long at work (exiting things like functional requirements and functional designs, yay :cry: )

I am curious why you chose a 2D theme for a 3D engine ?

Why did you include the game and sound folders? These files are also in 'data.ffs' file a.k.a. 'data.zip'.
JP

Post by JP »

Irrlicht isn't just a 3D engine, nothing ever is just a 3D engine i shouldn't think. You can always do 2D stuff. You could argue that it's overkill to use a 3D engine when doing 2D stuff but maybe he was familiar with irrlicht or maybe he wanted to get familiar with irrlicht before diving into 3D.
Image Image Image
evo

Post by evo »

JP wrote:Irrlicht isn't just a 3D engine, nothing ever is just a 3D engine i shouldn't think. You can always do 2D stuff. You could argue that it's overkill to use a 3D engine when doing 2D stuff but maybe he was familiar with irrlicht or maybe he wanted to get familiar with irrlicht before diving into 3D.
Thanks for the answer JP, but the two of us can only guess. So I'd like to hear it from fuzz. himself actually when he* returns.

* Yes theoretically it is possible that there are females using this forum. But let face it that is just theory.