Question about Milkshape animation frames in IRRLicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
eMgz

Question about Milkshape animation frames in IRRLicht

Post by eMgz »

hi all

well, i just loaded a milkshape (.ms3d) into irrlicht and animated it, but when i printf the model end frame it shows about 120000 frames :shock: but the animation should have 120 (in milkshape)
ok, the program takes some time to load and if i set the speed for something like 60000 it plays well, but i dont know if its normal..

if someone can aswer me, thanks!
benny53

Post by benny53 »

Yeah,thats definitely not what we call normal. You may want to check how your saving it or how your model is set up. Or maybe its an issue with irrlicht, but thats never happened with me.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You should use the new animation system of Irrlicht 1.4beta. Older versions used a factor to interpolate the integral frame numbers. Now the animation system uses floats and you can use the normal frame numbers.
jamia

Post by jamia »

hi!
thanks alot for the reply, but actually i really want to know how to make these models animate/move for eg. i have an ms3d model of a man and i want to animate him/move him/control his movements...
dejai

Post by dejai »

Well your answer is simple

Code: Select all

player_node->setFrameLoop(0, 10); 

The First Variable Within the brackets represents the first frame wished to be displayed and the second the last frame. And its constantly looped. Its in some of the really early tutorials

also you will want to check out setting up a 3rd person RPG...
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com