resolution change fails (linux, opengl&software2)

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Yarcanox

resolution change fails (linux, opengl&software2)

Post by Yarcanox »

Irrlicht version: 1.3.1 SDK, but is also with revision ~800, which I have also around
When I exit a fullscreen irrlicht engine game/program, the irrlicht engine doesn't reset the resolution to the original desktop resolution which I had before starting the program/game. This happens not only when using opengl but also when using the burning software renderer. Operating system is Ubuntu 7.04.

The following stuff is printed into the console after quit:

Code: Select all

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  134 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  10 (XF86VidModeSwitchToMode)
  Value in failed request:  0x3a00002
  Serial number of failed request:  302
  Current serial number in output stream:  306
I guess the engine has trouble telling the X-server to switch back to the start resolution!

I haven't posted any code as it happens with all of my test projects, even if they are only slightly modified irrlicht examples (maybe loading another/a second mesh, and fullscreen instead of window mode etc.).
I'm not a native English speaker.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

You could try what happens if you compile with _IRR_LINUX_X11_RANDR_ instead of _IRR_LINUX_X11_VIDMODE_. I did actually switch the checks for those extensions in CIrrDeviceLinux::createWindow, because randr seemed to work a lot better here anyway . I also had your problem before that and randr was a lot faster anyway for all game resolutions which where different from my desktop resolution.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm