how many frames in irrlicht time, equals one frame of milksh

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
wREAKAILDRON

how many frames in irrlicht time, equals one frame of milksh

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

how many frames in irrlicht time, equals one frame of milkshape animation. I use the regular milkshape md2 exporter, and i dont know how many frames to translate by, for each milkshape frame of animation, when using the setFrameLoop(s32 startframe, s32 endFrame) md2/iscenenodeanimatedmesh function.
________
Chrysler J Platform Specifications
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JP

Post by JP »

Search the forum for "milkshape AND frame AND loop" and you should come up with the answer :)
Image Image Image
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Milkshape meshes are supported native, no need to make md2 from it. Also, only the ms3d meshes have this interpolation scaling, and that's also true for Irrlicht versions before 1.4 (which does not need it anymore). For md2 you should check the stored animations for the proper values. But it's probably best to use ms3d and Irrlicht 1.4 and avoid all those problems.
bull

Post by bull »

In 1.3.1 your frame must be multiplied with 100 eg: setFrameLoop(100,3000) to play from frame 1 to 30 . I haven't tried out 1.4 yet.
My name is bull, for we are many ...
wREAKAILDRON

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

i purchased milkshape, so now i have 1.8. I dont think I even owned before version 1.6, and as you guys probably know,

"you need milkshape 1.4 to import the native file format".
Everybody sing along! :D

sorry i got lost in drunken nerd credo for a second. :D

with milkshape 1.8 and md2 file export, ive found that the translation is somewhere around 7.2 - 7.5 frames instead of 100 per frame, but im still not to sure of a constant to use, and sometimes my estimate is just wrong.
________
HINDUISM DICUSSION
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Admin

Post by Luke »

In 1.3.1 your frame must be multiplied with 100
it's only 100 for b3d. it's 8 or something for ms3d

And you no longer have to multiply the frame for b3d, x, and md3d in 1.4
Last edited by Luke on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JP

Post by JP »

People are talking about Irrlicht versions here, not milkshape. The version of milkshape you use won't affect the animation i dont think, but the version of irrlicht will.

If you use Irrlicht 1.4 you don't need to do any calculations to the frame numbers, if you use anything before 1.4 then you do, and if you search you'll find the magic number to multiple your milkshape frames by.
Image Image Image
wREAKAILDRON

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

Ive tried to import milshape files into irrlicht. And irrlicht gives me an error message saying that it cant handle milkshape, version 1.8, files. :oops:
________
Strain index
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Indeed, the loader only supports 1.3 and 1.4 files. Anywhere we can find what has changed in between?
wREAKAILDRON

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

i, "bargain", that i could get the answers if someone could tell me what to translate machine code language into to actually be able to read it.
________
SUZUKI GS400E HISTORY
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ehh, if you mean how to make the ms3d files readable - that's almost my question. I'd need a documentation of the format. Of yourse we could simply remove the version check, but that will probably produce many corrupted loads for newer files. We need some reference on how to read the ms3d files.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Well, here you find the format description of ms3d v1.4 files:
http://www.wotsit.org/list.asp?search=ms3d&button=GO%21
Maybe someone has patience to compare it with a v1.8 file... ;)
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

the 8.1 spec is in here, its the file named ms3dspec.txt.c
The 1.4 version is here.
New version has increased max values, comments for bones, materials etc, plus skin weights.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room