tutorials again haaam!!

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March
omar shaaban

tutorials again haaam!!

Post by omar shaaban »

ya the models used in the tutorial page looks crap and make beginners run away because as a noob they say:"oooooo :shock: this engine has bad graphics !!! :( " and even our irrlicht logo our logo reminds me of win98 style
:lol: so... i will make another logo tom or after it will be ready i hope u will accept it anyway anyone want to just change any of the irrlicht models in any tutorial to fine models will be good!!
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

LMFAO!!! im srry but anyone who looks at a engine and blames it for bad graphics -_-.. they shouldnt even be touching this engine... anyways i say go for it .. a new logo would be cool model it make it really high poly... then render it in irrlicht.. :D shows them idiots.
dejai

Post by dejai »

The purpose of the MD2 Sydney is so that anyone with any pc can run this engine. I agree another tutorial should be added with enhanced graphics. A FPS tutorial would be nice showing people shooting lines, creating huds etc it would be a good way to combined previous knowledge from all the other tutorials. When I finish my game I will release the source to irrlicht forums get it refined and the maybe get it posted as a FPS tutorial.
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

That's a good idea to have more tutorial.

I was thinking to keep the actual tutorial/examples then add them in a "beginner" folder. Then evolve the tutorial in other folders like "Intermediate" and "Advanced".
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

Well, we could always get to work and update and expand the wiki's tutorial section.

Divide it up into Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced sections, update the original tutorials and put them in their repective areas, and create more focused tutorials for specific things (like creating a model loader, or creating a tetus clone.)
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

Sydney is rather purdy.
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

im in, im gonna start with some tutorials for intermediate and advanced