ShootIrr - [UPDATE - Alpha 0.8]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

shouldnt you instead have a back button?
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

First, I'd like to congratulate Sudi for getting something done and out there for people to try. Also, having a design document (first page of thread) shows that the project has been thought about before starting.

I got it to work after I did things differently. If you click on the wrong button at the wrong time it confuses the app and it goes off looking for stuff that's not there. :wink:

It works for Sudi because Sudi knows what sequence of buttons to press to get things going. :roll:

Perhaps some instuctions or a readme.txt file in the download would be useful to help those of us who just click anything. 8)
sudi

Post by sudi »

Thanks sio2 :D

ok maybe it's a bit confusing so i will include a readme in the next version and post the stuff here, too:

Readme:

Code: Select all

How to start your own server:
First start the programm itself. Then press "Start Game". In the next menu (Caption: "Go Join A Game") press "BuildGame". Now you are in the "Go Create A Game" menu. Now you can choose one of the Levels in the listbox and a preveuo image will be shown. To start a Server with that level you have to press "Start" in the left lower corner. You are done.

Code: Select all

How to join a running Game:
First start the programm itself. Then press "Start Game". In the next menu (Caption: "Go Join A Game") press "CheckLan" and it will search the lan for running games. If any are found they will be shown in the listbox. Then Select a game in the listbox and click Join. Thats it.
I hope it works now.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Hey i have a question for the community.

Do u think the wepons should be scripted like they are now? With script files so that every player is able to modify the configs before loading up the level? Or should they be hard coded? Because if they would be hardcoded i can do way more fancy stuff. Ok i could incldue a fully blown scriptengine only for the weapons but this game was supposed to show how to use the engine and maybe three external and important libaries like physic sound and network.
What do u people think?
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Halan

Post by Halan »

hard coded is also better if you thik of cheating so i would say do it hard coded
sudi

Post by sudi »

Yeah cheating is impossible....the scripting thing is implemented right now and uses the script from the server so no matter what the clients type in their script it is not used...only the server script. But i guess hardcoded is better indeed.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Ok while i was hardcoding some global hardcode weapon system i saw that my game engine was half framework half game.....so i decided to change some stuff so that it could be used as a framework afterwords. And The cool thing is you will be able to use it as a multiplayer framework. and not only for fps games when i'm done. Therfore i don't have any media updates or gameplay updates yet only a lot of internal code changes. So i thought it's not worth uploading anything cause there is nothing more to try.
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Just wondering if anybody still has this. The link seems dead, and I wouldn't mind getting some ideas ;)

FlyingIsFun1217
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

thats because gdlib has gone down perminently i think.

I would be happy to host any major projects like this on my website like I have for irrnet.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Midnight wrote:like I have for irrnet.
First I hear of this. :shock:

PS: Any luck with File Transfer dude? We're so close I can taste it :wink:
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Midnight wrote: I would be happy to host any major projects like this on my website like I have for irrnet.
I would be Extremely happy if you did this :D

FlyingIsFun1217
diagdave

ShootIrr

Post by diagdave »

Has nayone got a link to this, or have another link to a working example with source of a FPS with simular make up to quake 2/3

cheers
david
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

The site GDlib.net seem to be down. Cannot get any file from it. Is there an alternate site?